changed pcv valve now this. ..

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
frankiearnone83
2GN Member

changed pcv valve now this. ..

Post by frankiearnone83 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:46 pm

02 sohc neon oil pressure switch and crank sensor now leak. Mind you I has Benn -11 degree weather. I just changed the pcv valve and now this

Could a bad pcv valve cause oil to push out the sensors? Or was it th cold? They are leaking internally.

own3d5974
2GN Member

Post by own3d5974 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:52 pm

if the pcv valve is stuck to the point where pressure is building up then yes it can cause some leaks at the weakest seals.
I ♥ MY NEON

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:26 am

The air make up inlet would also have to be plugged to build significant pressure. Or there would need to be some pretty worn rings to make enough internal pressure to blow through a sensor. There would be other issues happening if there was that much pressure in the crankcase.

The oil pressure switch is not related to crankcase pressure. They leak just from looking at them wrong. It is a common issue.

The crank sensor probably has just cracked from age. They do tend to swell, and can be difficult to remove. I had to remove the oil pan, and pry against the crank with a long HD screwdriver to get the last one out. It went flying across the parking lot when it finally popped free.

You may want to replace the crank sensor before it actually fails. It could run for another 100,000 miles in that condition, but it's one of those things you just can't know. Either they work, or they don't. But better to struggle with it at your convenience. Sometimes they just slide right out, and other times, you are not so lucky. The last one, I am glad it was a planned event.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”