October 22/23 autox

Have some questions about AutoX or Rally racing, like what types of tires are good or where to start for suspension, ect... ask them here.
bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

October 22/23 autox

Post by bone-yard-racing » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Last event of the year I wound up coming 4th on Saturday and 2nd on Sunday and winning the serries points championship by one point.

Saturday:

I had a late night and forgot to check tire pressues, at the end of the heat the warm pressures were 36/38 I usually run 40/42 cold Just not a very good day for me.

Sunday:

Agression mixed with cold slicks=woops

I'm excited I beat the Subarus on 225 wide road race tires with minimal camber. I came home and ordered these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... mpare1=yes

275/35/15 now to make them fit :twisted:

Adam G
2GN Member

Post by Adam G » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 am

blair I just bought a new neon that im not to scared to lay around so i might join you next year who knows
Adam

04 eblue srt4 - shes getting there
97 white ram
81 white camaro z28

owned 11 neons so far and growing

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 am

Looks like so much fuuuuuuun

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 am

Wish I would have made it, but my car needs some maintenance stuff before I beat it up again. Thunderbolt Raceway really beat the shit out of my car and since I need to drive it all winter, something just told me to opt out of this weekend.

Glad you posted up some pictures of the weekend and awesome that you won the points championship. I hope to be there next year with seats, harnesses, 225x15 tires, and maybe a cage. All of which will make it impossible to be competitive in my class, but will make me finally content with the car as a "racecar".

All you guys should autocross at least once. Road Course Racing > Autocrossing > Go-Carts > Drag Racing > Street Racing

Return to “Autocrossing / Rally”