'01 r/t dual exhaust

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
tamadrumr88
2GN Member

'01 r/t dual exhaust

Post by tamadrumr88 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:12 pm

i came upon the trubendz s.s. resonated catback system but i was wondering if anyone could explain the advantages/disadvanteges of the two (2.25" and 2.5") exhaust... im guessing the 2.5" would be slightly louder than the 2.25" and it might make a bit more peak hp but the 2.25" might also prove better low-end torque, or atleast not as much of a loss in the low-end. anyway, if anyone has had experiences could you please enlighten me to the two sizes... keep in mind i have an '01 R/T and i only plan to due minimal engine work (intake, exhaust, possibly t/b).

TomZ
2GN Member

Post by TomZ » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:40 pm

The shop I used talked me out of 2.50" and into 2.25" based on torque. I'm using a Magnaflow resonater and muffler. I can't tell you if it's true, because I only know how the 2.25" pipes respond. I followed their advice because they are a high end shop, doing systems on a lot of very expensive SoCal hot rods.

'02 Dodge ES, Stone White, MTX, '01 Magnum swap, ACR sways, Tokiko blues, Mopar
2GN lowering springs, Comp 200 cam, PT Cruiser clutch, bolt-ons.
'02 Plymouth ES, Stone White, ATX, free project.
'00 Chrysler LE. ATX (Fiancee's) stock. '02 engine from above car. Mopar springs, Tokiko Blues.

Stonebender
2GN Member

Post by Stonebender » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:35 pm

2.25 is pretty much optimal for a mildly modified 2.0 liter engine.

Return to “Engine”