magnum intake

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
sleeper2gn
2GN Member

magnum intake

Post by sleeper2gn » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Does the Magnum intake benefit ONLY from a specific head? I have a 2000 SOHC and am wondering if there is specific porting on a specific head to utilize the magnum head. Can I also get pictures of the different heads and ports to back up some advice? I want to be 100% ready before undertaking this project.

I realize the sticky post at the top of the page had this info, but the pictures are all gone.
2000 Dodge Neon ES. (Brnin8r)
1995 Plymouth Neon LX (sent to grave)
2001 Plymouth Neon (organ donor)
"Hondas are so reliable!"
"why is it that you've killed three Hondas in the time that I've owned one dodge?"

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #143

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:49 pm

The IM side of either the Magnum head or the regular head is essentially the same. Both heads will look like this on the intake side:

The exhaust side is where the difference is.

The Magnum exhaust ports are bigger. And have those humps at the top of the port mating surface. Standard heads are a straight line all the way across.

Most folks that have put the Mangum IM on a regular head have been happy with the result. But just don't expect a big gain from just the manifold.

The Mangum IM weighs a lot more than the plastic IM too. So that will eat away a small percentage of the small gain you get. If only they made them from plastic.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Engine”