Crankshaft Main Bearing Set SET w/ Tabs on one side or both

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
Drawz
n00b

Crankshaft Main Bearing Set SET w/ Tabs on one side or both

Post by Drawz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:30 pm

I am looking into rebuilding the bottom end of my 04 sxt 2.0 in the near future and when looking at rockauto master rebuild kits I noticed the "Crankshaft Main Bearing Set" has two options. Tab on one side or both. I'm not sure which one I would need. Is there a certain one I have to have, or is it optional? Is there a kit I should look into instead of the rockauto dnj kits? I plan on having block hot tanked and decked and bored if necessary and then do the rest of the work myself. So far I've replaced the whole top end with reman head and cam, timing components water pump etc, and all new mounts. Motor and tranny. Thanks for the help in advance!

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:31 am

If I remember correctly from the last 2.0 I did, they only had tabs on one side but I may be wrong. I used DNJ rings because they were cheap on that build. Personally, I'd go for the Clevites since they are a known brand. They're only $31 shipped on ebay. The DNJ may do just as well though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Cranksha ... f5&vxp=mtr
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

timmyw28
2GN Member

Post by timmyw28 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:19 am

On my 00 block it has one bearing that has it on both sides it . It keeps it from sliding back and forth in the block and putting the rods in a bind. But I'll look at it tomorrow when I get to work to make sure and get back with u.

timmyw28
2GN Member

Post by timmyw28 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 am

Just checked out the main bearings on my 00 block and it has the tabs on both sides and on the top and bottom bearing.

Return to “Engine”