SRT Turbo Setup Write-Up

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
kArLoZ
2GN Member

Post by kArLoZ » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:43 pm

where can i get the srt4 turbo adapter for my sohc neon??
Sohc NeoN

zeRk_RT
2GN Member

Post by zeRk_RT » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:28 pm

the adapter for sohc neon its the same for the magnum? im planing on buying an srt4 turbo everything on that but i need to know what i need to adapt to the 2.0 magnum th emanifold on the srt4 on the 2.0 magnum
NEON RT 2001
mopar performance wires
3' Cold Air Intake
SRT4 Full exhaust system
16 ' wheels
K/N Air Filter
air design front bumper
xenon side skirts

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:51 pm

well, the adapter is no longer being made, but you can buy it on the for sale boards... I believe it is mattdog... :D
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

TwistedTunerz
2GN Member

Post by TwistedTunerz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:27 am

one way to get around the k frame problem is buy a srt...its an identical fit but it has a cut away for the hotside pipe and a large down pipe... and they sell for anywhere from 50-200 average price is 125
TwistedTunerz

aaronn3000
2GN Member

Post by aaronn3000 » Sun May 04, 2008 12:11 pm

With regards to the type of oil pump to use, could one use an oil pump off of an SRT-4? Will it fit properly? I was looking in the service manual but did not feel confident that it would work.

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:44 pm

SolarYNeon wrote:would this setup be practical for an ATX?
x2.

is it pretty much the same for the ATX???

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:36 pm

i like how noone answered my questions.

failed sticky IMO.

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:14 am

Yes it would, you just need to find a different way to route the cold side piping since the atx trans pan would be in the way. And also since MS does not control the trans you will need to retain your stock pcm to control the trans. A transmission cooler would also be something to get to be on the safe side.
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 am

thanks.

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:55 am

Not a Problem :thumbup:
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

SurfrmanX
2GN Member

Post by SurfrmanX » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Or simple get a sohc manifold for turbo setup, buy it with eistmaier.
look for asp turbo kit in the search button...
To See The Mods to My Car VISIT MY WEB PAGE

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:18 pm

lol already doing that.

and way to post 25 days after the question. :)

tntlwh
2GN Member

Post by tntlwh » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:24 am

Kevin_GP wrote:OK, I would like to add to this post after putting my own turbo together. First off.... What can acctully be used to turbo a SOHC from an srt-4 and the modifications needed....

SRT-4 turbo- Fits but you need an adaptor plate. You also need to move your coolant overflow tank and build a heatsheild for the brake lines. I had about an inch and a half of clearence between the turbo and firewall.

SRT-4 o2 pipe- This bolts on to the turbo and fits into our exhausts. However, you need to extend the wires on the o2 sensor. The stock sensor is on the right of the exhaust, the srt-4 places it on the left. To do this you need to soider on about a foot of wire and shrink wrap all the connections. Not a major modification but the o2 isnt a direct fit.

SRT-4 down pipe- Your stock cat pipe will work fine, but if you want to use a wideband (you really should), you need to move the cat further from the exhaust. I used an ebay 3 inch catless downpipe and was one of 2 things that fit on my car WITHOUT any modifcations.

SRT-4 oil lines- The stock feed lines will not work with a T (for an oil pressure gauge). There are lots of ways to make them work, but take your time because oil leaks are not fun. I cut the middle part of the feed apart and extended it with -6 lines and clamped it on. I would not suggest doing this, but it works. I would cut the lines and flare the ends and add an-fittings. I will be redoing my oil lines soon.

The oil return tube works well but you need to figure out how to get the oil into the oil pan. A -10 hose fits on the end of the drain tube nicely. To get the oil into the pan I used an- bulkhead fittings. If you go this route YOU MUST USE STAT-O-SEALS. Ive driven about 1000 miles this way so far and I have had no leaks using bulkhead fittings.

SRT-4 injectors- This is the other part that needs no modification to fit a normal 00-05 neon. Just unbolt the old injectors, install the new ones.

SRT-4 intercooler- This does not fit without ALOT of cutting. You need to cut 2 huge holes in the radiator support. You also need to move/bend some AC lines for the passenger side end tank to fit though. You need to move the ECU on the driverside and fab up a new mounting location. In order for it to fit correctly, you need to cut out the back of your stock front fasica. Im not sure about this step but i needed to on my 01-02 ACR fasica. The srt-4 intercooler is a good choice because its cheap, thats it. You are setting yourself up for problems down the road with intercooler piping. I will explain further...

SRT-4 hotside Intercooler pipe- This fits like complete crap. DO NOT USE THIS. I made mine fit but I would not recomend using this part. If you do decide to use this, you need to remove a few things to make it fit. First problem is a brace that goes from the engine to transmission (MTX). This brace is directly below the compressor outlet. The next problem is the power steering cooler. This needs to be relocated. You cannot bend the lines enough to just "push" it out of the way, the lines need to be moved. After that is taken care of, the brace between the oil pan and trans needs to be removed as well. When all that is taken care of, you can force the pipe in. It will hit the cross brace and rub and hit the transmission as well. This is why I suggest not using it.

So to sum all that up, the only thing that fits with no modification is the injectors. Im not saying that everything eles wont fit, I just want to make it very clear that everything eles takes alot of work to make right. If I was going to turbo my car agian I wouldnt use anything intercooler related from the srt-4, because those parts just lead to more problems than they are worth.

Just remember to do things right the first time, and that there is no "budget turbo". Saving a few bucks is not worth the frustration and broken parts later on. Do it right the first time.
I have an 05 neon MTX and i was able to use the hot side pipe. i had to cut it about half a foot from the turbo and run a coupler in order to get it to flex a little better but it runs pretty smoothly right between the axle and ps cooler. as far as the 02 not reaching you have to run megasquirt with an 05 so im not concerned with not having the 02 connected due to the fact that im using a wideband. I did have to cut two big woles in my rad support and bend the a/c line slightly but the intercooler fit rather nicely. here is a link that shows where you will need to cut your rad support i used this as a template and then went from there the picture is on the first page towards the bottom viewtopic.php?t=10692 also on my 05 pcm it has a hole for the intercooler in the pcm bracket similiar to the srt's. as for the cold side piping to the throttle body I used two 90 degree couplers one from the intercooler and one on the throttle body and then put an aluminum pipe between the throttle body and intake and shortened it until the two couplers lined up nicely i then measure and ran a straight pipe to connect both couplers.

well i hope this could help anyone with an NGC controlled neon.

aannttooiinnee11
2GN Member

Post by aannttooiinnee11 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm a bad boy for trying to work around the rules.

*Edited by Danteneon*

Return to “Forced Induction”