Exhaust suggestions

Have a question about how to make horsepower going the all motor route, here's where to ask it.
Ramroid
2GN Member

Exhaust suggestions

Post by Ramroid » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Can't find a specific forum for exhaust, so i suppose this would fall under NA. Maybe.

Well anyway, i'm in the market for a decent exhaust system. I ordered a set of OBX ceramic coated shorty headers, i'm going to have a local exhaust shop fab me up a 2.5" Catback. Just need some suggestions on a muffler. I don't want the generic ricey sounding ones. I'm looking for a deep, throaty sounding exhaust note. Any suggestions? Planning on a duel outlet exhaust like the stock SRT, but i'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which one sounds best.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 pm

A MagnaFlow isn't really "ricey", but it is still loud. A vibrant resonator will tone it down a bit, and get rid of a lot of the rasp.

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/i ... _1033_1055

And get ready to be flamed for saying you bought a "set of headers" for your 4 cylinder.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:44 pm

occasional demons wrote:A MagnaFlow isn't really "ricey", but it is still loud. A vibrant resonator will tone it down a bit, and get rid of a lot of the rasp.

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/i ... _1033_1055

And get ready to be flamed for saying you bought a "set of headers" for your 4 cylinder.
Well, i'm used to magnaflow and flowmaster mufflers. They're good brands. I meant ricey as in what the kids in the honda's run. Giant pipes that bust your ear drums from a mile away..lol. I want something with a nice tone.

jckevns
2GN Member

Post by jckevns » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:56 am

Magnaflow is the best tone imo.

Phone Booth Member: 006

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:04 am

I have a magnaflow Camaro muffler on my neon and it sounds good. Gets deep when on the gas bun when you are up to speed it mellows out. No raspy sound to it. And it is dual exits.
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

Return to “Naturally Aspirated”