Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Re: Random posting

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:59 am

Thanks Rebel!

I'm not sure what's going on, but my IP address is banned by "SpamHaus" at home. I switched to T-Mobile recently so maybe that's the cause.

Monday was a really poopy day. I got to work late, I had to work at a job site very far away from my house, I worked through my lunch, and then as I got to my car, I had a bunch of messages from my wife that basically said "The SRT-4 blew up". She said that she was driving it spiritedly, heard a strange sound, coasted it for a while, let the clutch out and it blew up, letting out white smoke and making a fucking racket. I'm assuming it either ran low on oil, or a wastegate line ripped and it put a hole in the piston, but it locked the engine up. We used our car insurance to try to get a tow, but by the time I drove the 2 hours to where she was, they never showed up. I ended up paying $225 to get it towed the 5 miles home.

Pretty sad, that car is super clean, and super nice. I just gotta find an engine to swap into it. It needed a clutch and clutch fork as well, but I didn't want to have to get to it like this.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:01 am

OH WOW ! Those cars and parts are getting to be like Hens teeth to find, so sorry to hear of that happening.Not to mention the high cost of a tow bill.
We are getting a warm up here to the low 40's this week.....I'll gladly take it, the near 0's and winds are and have been a killer for our OLD home!
Only my Buick "failed" me thru the cold snap from Jan, 1 to present. I had not run it since before Christmas and the battery went flat when I tried to start it last Sat. ... Jumper cables and our '14 DJ and then wasteful 60 mile drive to get things back up to snuff. Otherwise all ny rides are hanging in there very well.
Only bright spot to that drive was that I relearned just how comfy the ride is in that big boat! I had been driving the '14 to be sure all was good on it after having a new torque converter installed in early Dec, to replace the NEW torque converter that was put in in June....it started making noise and had also created a crack in the flex plate{which also got replaced}. Yup I put a LOT of money out this year in the '11 and '14 and then having bought the '13.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:05 am

Thursday we hit 50* and no rain, so up on the roof{not a fun task} to clean my wood stove chimney cap and pipe of 6 months of creosote build up. Was pleasantly surprised that it was not worse than it was, only change had been that most years I've burned mostly Ash, this year I have much more Cherry, Maple and Oak to mix in with the Ash.
Tonight temps go back down to the freezing point zone for day and night temps. Going to finish putting the wood stove back together today and get ready to "fire" it back up for the rest of winter!
There has been some wild winter weather all across the USA this year, so all you folks stay safe and WARM!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:29 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:59 am
"The SRT-4 blew up". She said that she was driving it spiritedly, heard a strange sound, coasted it for a while, let the clutch out and it blew up, letting out white smoke and making a fucking racket. I'm assuming it either ran low on oil, or a wastegate line ripped and it put a hole in the piston, but it locked the engine up.
Any more details on what happened, get to dig into it more? Wonder if she money shifted and didn't tell yah lol. Mileage on motor and what performance mods?

That is a bummer! Hope you get it back on the road soon!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:52 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:29 pm
INVUJerry wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:59 am
"The SRT-4 blew up". She said that she was driving it spiritedly, heard a strange sound, coasted it for a while, let the clutch out and it blew up, letting out white smoke and making a fucking racket. I'm assuming it either ran low on oil, or a wastegate line ripped and it put a hole in the piston, but it locked the engine up.
Any more details on what happened, get to dig into it more? Wonder if she money shifted and didn't tell yah lol. Mileage on motor and what performance mods?

That is a bummer! Hope you get it back on the road soon!
I finally popped the hood Thursday or Friday and was surprised to be able to see crank journal for rod #4. It was a stage 2 car with an e-boost, but that was it, only 110K miles or so on it. Strangely enough, even with a windowed block, I was able to pull the dipstick and see oil on it. She didn't like how the e-boost controller worked or sounded (the soleoid clicking was rather loud) so I had turned it off. My only though was it had ripped a wastegate line somewhere and went to full on party mode before it chucked the rod.

So, Saturday I picked up a race van. First two pics taken with a very old digital Nikon camera, and a $17 plastic camera lens lol.

The fella Brian Moyer that built my LeBaron, built this. It was a 2.5 hyrbid motor setup, with a twin turbo exhaust manifold, ran on megasquirt. He said he wasn't ever able to really finalize the vision before he cracked a piston and kind of abandoned the project idea. I picked it up from his dad's shop up by Ryan Keyser's shop, and Ryan came in clutch helping me out a ton. I had to borrow wheels to get it home because they'd swapped it to 5x114.3. I realized that even though I'm feeling better, I am not healed, and I simply can't do the ignorant pushing, pulling, and lifting like I used to. So I'm going to have to put a winch on the back of my truck for loading cars, even if I'm using a tow dolly. His Dad also has a few PTGT motors laying around, so I'm hopefully going to grab one, or two of them this week. If they're cheap enough and I get two, I'll put a 2.4T in this van. No HVAC system, it'll be a fun summer cruiser.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:26 am

Sorry to hear about Uncle Rodney making an appearance.

You and oddball shit lol

Good luck with the van.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:16 am

racer12306 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:26 am
Sorry to hear about Uncle Rodney making an appearance.

You and oddball shit lol

Good luck with the van.
Thanks buddy, I really do just love weird stuff haha. I'm hoping I can get this on the road this summer. The swaps on these are so easy, if I do a standalone, it should work just fine as a street terrorizer. I want a hood exit wastegate and 3" side exit exhaust lol.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:07 am

Holy Caravans Batman! Yup, a lot easier to work on with those early 4 bangers in the minivans, and another "odd ball" with it having a manual trans.
I only came across ONE in my auto tech days, have fun bringing your new project back to life!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:01 am

04rebel wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:07 am
Holy Caravans Batman! Yup, a lot easier to work on with those early 4 bangers in the minivans, and another "odd ball" with it having a manual trans.
I only came across ONE in my auto tech days, have fun bringing your new project back to life!
This one was swapped, but I had a 93 voyager that was factory 5 speed. And my buddy that's local to me had a 92. I really love these oddball things.

I still need to fix the front end on my other van from my accident last year. I have most of the parts, just not the motivation. I guess it's the fear of starting. I really do miss driving it though.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:41 pm

So I made a video using that $17 lens and my cinema camera. This camera was originally $17k when it came out.

I think it had a really neat, distinct look.

https://youtu.be/slznZIkml10?si=opSaAwnNqkYk8Bpy

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:37 am

Sweet, I got my IP cleared! :lol:\

Today is 2 years of me not drinking. I got gout in my hands last week, so today is 7 days of me not having any red meat or pork. I'm getting a shot in my back today which is going to be "fun". Hopefully this is in a better spot than the last one and works better for me.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:55 pm

"Shot" meaning epidural? I had two of those last year and they really helped with the two pinched nerves that I have at the base of my spine. I hope that you get some relief as well. Oh, congrats on the two-year anniversary!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:14 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:55 pm
"Shot" meaning epidural? I had two of those last year and they really helped with the two pinched nerves that I have at the base of my spine. I hope that you get some relief as well. Oh, congrats on the two-year anniversary!
Thank you! Yeah, I got a steroid epidural. Man, I am in some serious pain today. Just trying to take it easy.

Also, realized my weight had started to go back up, so about 2 weeks ago I decided to turn it around. About 8 days ago though, I got a gout flareup in my friggin left hand. Awful. So, I haven't had any pork or red meat in 8 days (mainly breakfast sandwiches). But, I dropped 7 pounds so far, so that's cool.

Also, here's some photography I've been doing. Trying to just not take photos of my stupid neon or the junk in my yard.

These 3 photos were taken at a mall near the town where I grew up. I took the youngest there on a little shopping trip but also to show her where I liked going when I was growing up. It was interesting.

These photos taken with my favorite $18 lens

And then some other random photos

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:12 am

Hope that the injection helped. And is that one of the now empty malls that I see videos of on YouTube? I can remember when malls were the place to go and now I see so many of them in videos filled with broken glass and graffiti. Very depressing.

Congrats on the weight loss. I think that the pounds found me though- I had an appointment with my primary care physician last week and she said that I had gained 5 pounds since October. I did get my prescription insurance to finally approve my Ozempic so maybe that will help.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:33 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:12 am
Hope that the injection helped. And is that one of the now empty malls that I see videos of on YouTube? I can remember when malls were the place to go and now I see so many of them in videos filled with broken glass and graffiti. Very depressing.

Congrats on the weight loss. I think that the pounds found me though- I had an appointment with my primary care physician last week and she said that I had gained 5 pounds since October. I did get my prescription insurance to finally approve my Ozempic so maybe that will help.
Not quite, Marley Station still has active stores in it, just this side of it where the Macy's/Boscov's used to be was supposed to become a data center, but that hasn't been finalized yet. There were rumors that NSA was going to use some of the space for off-site storage, but those have just stayed rumors.

I think my main weight loss is basically just self control. Changing what I eat for breakfast and lunch, and not buying a snack for my ride home, and cutting out soda (even diet) and coffee creamer again.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:13 pm

Info about the mall- great, I'm glad that parts are still being utilized.

More than anyone needs to know since it is off-topic, my weight gain or loss is directly related to my being diabetic, hence the Ozempic.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:14 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:13 pm
Info about the mall- great, I'm glad that parts are still being utilized.

More than anyone needs to know since it is off-topic, my weight gain or loss is directly related to my being diabetic, hence the Ozempic.
I mean, we're just using the Random Posting thread haha. But I understand. I got my A1C numbers down a while back so I got out of being pre-diabetic. I just need to keep it up so I can stay that way.

Also, I found footage from the TV show Kindred Spirits on the camera I just bought. I managed to get in contact with the producer of the show, and I'm about to mail the CF storage card off to him today. I have this knack/habit/problem of finding photos from people left on old cameras and I always try to get it back to them. The last batch had a bunch of pictures from SDAC 20, and I got the photos back to the fella best I could.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:00 pm

Last Sunday I started feeling really sick even though I went out with Clara for a while. I was getting really winded and tired. I took an at home test and popped up positive for Covid. I honestly don't remember Monday at all, I just drank cough medicine and slept all day. I'd wake up every once in a while, stare at my phone a bit, and fall back asleep. Today I'm finally starting to feel normal, I have my voice back, but I'm still getting winded really easy.

I was doing okay, but a whole week of LWOP is going to murder my finances for a bit. Fuck.

Also, I keep getting hit with that stupid SpamHaus IP blocker. It's whenever my connection changes on my router, which seems to be once every 5-7 days. So I enabled the VPN in my browser and apparently I can post that way.

Neat.

Annoying.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:57 pm

Hope you get better soon. Affects everyone differently.

I got Covid 3 times. First time company paid us for 10 working days. Last 2 times I didn't even know I had it. Was like a bad Cold. Just felt really tired, body aches and had a headache. Tested on a Friday after work and it was +. Felt better by Monday.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:05 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:57 pm
Hope you get better soon. Affects everyone differently.

I got Covid 3 times. First time company paid us for 10 working days. Last 2 times I didn't even know I had it. Was like a bad Cold. Just felt really tired, body aches and had a headache. Tested on a Friday after work and it was +. Felt better by Monday.
This time around I just felt like I had a cold or the flu, I just felt really bad. The first time I got it, I thought I was going to die, no joke. Super weak, super sick, shivers, massive fever, breathing trouble, brain fog for months.

We had thought little Jerry had covid last week, but I think it was just a cold. This time around he lost his sense of taste and is feeling miserable. Poor dude has been sick for while.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:03 am

Sorry about your son. Didn't know the current variant made you lose your taste and smell still. I lost mine the first time I got it. I just remember I was getting a burning sensation in my nasal cavities for a couple days then boom, no smell or taste for a week or so. Yup I couple co-workers I know had to be hospitalized when they first got it due to underlying conditions

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:48 am

Well... February is going out like a LION here in western NY.
HIGH WINDS and 3" snow thru the night and still coming down heavy! High temps in mid 20's* and low of 15* by friday morn! I will probably HAVE TO snowblow the driveway and sidewalks in the morning.....and wouldn't you know it....I had just parked the blower away for the season!
Bright spot is the call for 50* by Friday afternoon and STAYING that way and higher for the next week. Even pushing near 70* the middle of next week!
I sure do hope that March DOES come in like a LAMB...and stays!

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:27 pm

Just got done with local news weather, they say snows all Lake Effect, snow to last most of today and evening. Funny that National future radars are NOT picking up and showing the LES. Good old Lake Erie!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

Sorry to read about that nasty weather. Here where I live in Indiana, we had some high winds and a short burst of heavy rain just before the temperature dropped about 30 degrees yesterday.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:25 pm

I did some touch up and replaced the pull start rope on our snowblower back in November, basically ensuring that we won't get any snow.

We'll have to see if March or April make up for the lame sauce winter we have had.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:57 pm

brybry
Registered · From Los Angeles, CA, USA
Joined 7h ago
On another forum....

LOL, how many people would happen to use that for a user name?

The brybry here was a real piece...

Username:brybry

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=62739&p=950854#p950854

About a 4 hour change in location...

Hopefully if it's the same person, they matured about a thousand percent.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:08 pm

Jerry 3 got pneumonia after having covid. I'm 90% sure I have it as well. I've been using my inhaler a lot, thinking that my allergies were acting up, but my breathing is just getting worse and worse. I feel awful.

Got Mario to inspect the car today. I had to replace the flex joint today after the header. I realized that since I hurt my back, I've barely worked on anything. Which has made me extremely weak. I can barely swing a hammer while laying on my back underneath a car. This really really deflated my ego. I also couldn't wrestle off part of the exhaust, so I just had to cut around, and work around it. Hopefully I feel better in a few weeks and can get to it.

I've been taking photos almost every day, but this one was funny enough to post.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:06 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:57 pm
brybry
Registered · From Los Angeles, CA, USA
Joined 7h ago
On another forum....

LOL, how many people would happen to use that for a user name?

The brybry here was a real piece...

Username:brybry

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=62739&p=950854#p950854

About a 4 hour change in location...

Hopefully if it's the same person, they matured about a thousand percent.
HAHA

I remember that guy. oof.
INVUJerry wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:08 pm
Jerry 3 got pneumonia after having covid. I'm 90% sure I have it as well. I've been using my inhaler a lot, thinking that my allergies were acting up, but my breathing is just getting worse and worse. I feel awful.

Got Mario to inspect the car today. I had to replace the flex joint today after the header. I realized that since I hurt my back, I've barely worked on anything. Which has made me extremely weak. I can barely swing a hammer while laying on my back underneath a car. This really really deflated my ego. I also couldn't wrestle off part of the exhaust, so I just had to cut around, and work around it. Hopefully I feel better in a few weeks and can get to it.

I've been taking photos almost every day, but this one was funny enough to post.

https://i.imgur.com/hhTV77o.jpeg
Man, you guys are just getting the crap kicked out of you lately. Hope it all turns around soon.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:56 pm

Well I ended up reshuffling how the 3 cars are parked in the driveway AND with the strong winds I ended up with 1.5" of "nuisance" snow in the driveway. I did shovel the sidewalk between the house and driveway, gosh those winds were strong thru to Friday morning.ALL melted now as we hit 53* today...at least I didn't have to bring the snowblower back out and put it to use. Forecast for Monday....70* YEAH !!!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:28 pm

racer12306 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:06 pm
Man, you guys are just getting the crap kicked out of you lately. Hope it all turns around soon.
It's really been something lately. I went to urgent care yesterday and the test results came back saying I don't have RSV, I don't have Covid, and I don't have the flu, but I had a low grade fever, and irritation in my ear drums, a stuffy nose, and breathing issues. It's been some shit lately.

Return to “Off-Topic”