KVR Rotors

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
OverDrive418
2GN Member

KVR Rotors

Post by OverDrive418 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:06 pm

This is an example of a lesson learned. If you've done the research on a part and know what you want don't settle for less or for cheaper just because the shop you went to doesn't have EXACTLY what you want. In this case for me it was KVR brake rotors.
I wanted Power-Slot rotors but the shop in Orlando I went to said they could get KVR for like $5 cheaper for each. Of course they said they were just as good...blah, blah, blah. I got my Eibach springs from there so I didn't think anything of it at the time.
So I got them, installed them, broke 'em in as directed and for a time I liked them a lot. After about a year I noticed a slight wobble in the braking, not enough for alarm but enough to watch. The wobble got progressivly worse as time went on. Then when I got new tires I noticed that there were little pits everywhere on the rotors and the surface was wearing uneven. After a total of 18 months The d-side rotor was shot with dimples, hairline cracks, and to top it off it was warped. 18 months! Is it just me or is that rediculous? My car isn't a racecar and the stock rotors lasted longer than that! Here's a pic so you can see what I mean:
Do your research and don't settle for less.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:42 am

doesn't suprise me at all, being the salty air in florida as well as rain, humidity, heat, and what not - then couple it with cheap(er) drilled rotors, and cracks are a given. Sorry to hear it man, I hope you go with the powerslots next time :lol:
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

stang892k5
2GN Member

Post by stang892k5 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:00 pm

damn that sucks!!!!! but ive heard lots of stories about all cross drilled rotors. such ass the cracking where the holes are. i read about and been told the even the best brands have that problem too. the best option if you want to go the route you were in is buying the "power slot 2" rotors i believe modern performance sells them and they are dimpled and slotted . maybe you should give those a try?

Return to “Parts/Product Reviews”