Perrin 22mm rear sway bar.

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
anomalous0
2GN Member

Perrin 22mm rear sway bar.

Post by anomalous0 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:46 pm

Well, I picked this thing up 6 months ago or so off the other .org, finally got the struts to put it on. Technically it's made for the SRT-4, which means that it'll fit any 2GN neon with the strut tabs, but you won't find it under any normal neon category.

First impressions upon driving around: body roll in the rear is almost ELIMINATED. The car feels much more stable. I can't really find much oversteer even with bald back tires, but since I normally drive my car as one should drive a car with oversteer, I might not have noticed. Also I haven't taken it around any real curves at speed, given that I live in a residential area, but that's on the list.
I wish I had done this when I first got the car. It makes a huge difference in how fun the car is to drive.

A note on installation: The bar doesn't come with endlinks, and
even the shorter Energy suspension endlinks are still just on the edge of being too long: I had to grind down the spacers approximately 3mm to get the endlinks on with the bar at the right angle. Bear in mind my car is lowered 1.8" front and rear (progress springs) and since they've been on for a while I'd say it's now to 2" lower in the back.

All in all an excellent product, though I don't know what to compare it to, really. I'll update my impressions when I put a 24mm front bar on.

P.S. I know I should've gotten the 26mm PTGT bar, but the bar I found was an SRT-4 ACR front bar with all the hardware, $50 shipped on ebay, and I was under the impression that it was 26mm(not the sellers fault). I found out otherwise after I won the auction. Still, given how much I like the handling with a bigger rear bar than front, I don't think I want to go too big in the front either.
"If you haven't bled on it, it's not your car"

ewetho
2GN Member

Post by ewetho » Thu May 10, 2007 10:30 pm

Energy Suspension makes links short enough to go on the front so you can get them to length. I have a 2 3/8" size for a 1.5" drop but a 1.8 I would suggest the 2" links. This is the center section you shortened that is measured by Energy Suspension not the bushing to bushing center like Prothane measures.
2004 Neon SE -- Mods -- K&N CAI, R/T Muffler, Booger Bushings, Prothane Suspension & Race MM Inserts, Vitor's TM Inserts

Return to “Parts/Product Reviews”