DiabloSport Intune (I1000)

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

DiabloSport Intune (I1000)

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:13 am

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?mo ... ay&pid=201

Just picked this up yesterday. I'm going to try it out on my Ram and possibly my cousins SRT....
I'll post reviews once I get it installed....

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Tried it out today on the 87 Octane mode......
Night and day difference when it comes to power and the MPG increase on average is 5mpg....
More to follow....
Last edited by BlackRoseRacing on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

alsey_seven
2GN Member

Post by alsey_seven » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 pm

hmm gotta get that or my car
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000043 For 2000 neon

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000125 For 2001 R/T

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 am

Sorry, I was in a hurry posting the pics....
It definitely is a night and day difference between the stock tune and 87 Octane mode. I have not tried the Economy mode yet and I got better MPG's yesterday using just the 87 Octane mode. And the get up and go was definitely a noticeable improvement!
Now keep in mind that my Ram only has a CAI and the rest of the drivetrain is stock. The Diablosport tunes can be finessed based on your application using the CMR software for tuning improvements. There is only one member here to my knowledge that has the CMR equipment and you would need to contact him for pricing on custom tunes.
I'll post more details as they follow....

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 pm

I found a draw back to this thing, there are some features not even useable yet until further software updates. There are also a few options on this unit you cant use because it is password locked by Diablosport. One simple function I wanted to do was calibrate the touch screen as I really had to press hard on it and the tech support hotline told me they cant give me access to that option and to use something like a stylus to press on the screen Vs using a finger. The simple option was blocked by a password...
Sunday I'm going to try the 87 Octane tune while towing to see how it does economy wise for that....

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:01 pm

^^^ Quick pic of stock tune normal driving, city,highway,etc..on 87 Octane

^^^
91 Octane Tune, this is normal driving, city,highway,etc and running the Hemi hard to 5600rpm a couple of times to play with 0-60 accel

^^^
This is highway driving like the other day where I hit a max of 18.2mpg. This time on the 91 Octane tune I was able to get a quick snap of 19mpg with my cell phone. It actually progressed to 22mpg highway, but I had to stop at an intersection and I never got a chance to take a picture. I'm actually getting better fuel economy on the 91 Octane tune Vs the 87 Octane tune. The get up and go is unbelievable and DS claims an additional 25hp/25ftlbs on 91 Octane mode.
The CAI I added to the stock engine has been proven to not gain any improvements over stock. We'll I paid $0 for the CAI...
The DS Intune so far in the few days I've owned it has been the best bang for the buck I have ever spent on anything! The MS I used before is great but it throws a CEL. This DS as locked down as it is with features and options is by far the best "Add On" I have ever purchased!
Now mind you the DS tunes are for mostly stock engines, if you have any major mods a CMR dealer is highly recommended to fine tune a tune for your application and then use the Intune after that.
We will see what happens down the road as more budget bolt ons happen....

PS - The Intune does work on 03-05 SRT pcms, and with a members CMR experience you can fine tune your SRT without using any special engine controllers....

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:03 pm

We'll final update for my review on the intune....
The reason for the final update is the Intune unit was stolen out of my truck last week at work. Who ever took the unit did not even take the cables to use it. So I reported it stolen to Diablosport and who ever decides to use it is going to be SOL because its locked to my truck and the serial # is reported stolen....

87 Octane tune - I noticed tons more low end torque Vs stock and the tires were able to break free with ease. Fuel economy was definitely better than stock too if you keep your foot out of it.
Predator Tune - Lots of midrange to top end power, very little low end torque and of course better fuel economy over stock
93 Octane tune - High midrange to top end power, no low end torque and just like the other tunes, better fuel economy over stock

All in all it definitely was worth the money, why the constant updates to a fully working tune is beyond me. There also slowly opening up more and more options on the intune, latest update is TCM support on select vehicles....

Adam G
2GN Member

Post by Adam G » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 pm

yea bunch of features on mine are locked for the srt4....its getting there def nice but I hated having to press hard for the touch screen
Adam

04 eblue srt4 - shes getting there
97 white ram
81 white camaro z28

owned 11 neons so far and growing

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 am

Adam G wrote:yea bunch of features on mine are locked for the srt4....its getting there def nice but I hated having to press hard for the touch screen
There unlocking more and more with every update and the touch screen is not like a cell phone. DS tells me to use a stylus to press on the screen :shock:

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Even though my Intune was stolen, I'm definitaley going to save for another one as I tried another programmer from a different company and it was no comparison to the DS unit...

catalyst
2GN Member

Post by catalyst » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:10 pm

It seems like a great product. Adam how does it work for your SRT4? I'm thinking of getting one. How is the long term review of it?
2005 Red SRT4
Stage 2, Maddog 72-4
Still needs a paint job
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #87

Return to “Parts/Product Reviews”