HouseofGrafx.com

Have a good experience with a dealer? Have a bad experience with one? Post it here.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

HouseofGrafx.com

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Yeah my friend pointed out that they were two different shades of silver. Very notceable when it is light out.

Emails I have gotten from houseofgrafx:
They are all silver! They were cut from the same roll. It's the lighting that makes them look different and if you want me to reply back I suggest you not curse at me!
All I said was "WTF" and it was regarding the different colors.
After reading our previous emails I noticed you purchased these a while back, and then messed one side up and needed one side only, correct. Is that what happened? If so, the problem could be that we were using FDC material and have since switched to Avery. However, even if that was the case, your entire stripe, whether it's the drivers side or the pass side would be the same color. Meaning, when I cut your stripe (this new one you needed) it was cut from the same material since I cut it together. So each side should be the same color. From the pics it looks like the rear piece is lighter.
Just got another email:
No but the problem is the fact that we don't have the FDC material. It's Avery now which is a better material so even if I send those pieces it's still not going to match.

What a bad time for them to switch vinyls huh? :roll: :roll:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:07 pm

If it is possible: Maybe you could switch the front door stripes around so that the darker front stripe is with the darker back stripe and vise-versa.

I don't know if it's possible but just a suggestion.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Nope. Once they are applied that is that.

They said they would send me a new set for $15 shipped.
Still messed up.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Maddog
2GN Member

Post by Maddog » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:44 pm

In defense of GbD, vendors switch materials quite often. Whether it's cost savings, better quality, better service, etc, it does happen. The fact that it happened between your original order and when an install error was made and replacements sent out is not the fault of GbD. $15 shipped for replacement pieces is a very good deal - you should take advantage of it.
I've been working with GraphixbyDesign for 3 years now, and have never had a single problem with any of their products. Talia does probably the best vinyl work I've ever seen.
Just my 2 cents...
'02 Flame Red SXR/T

(sorry, no link on banner)

Complete Short Throw Shifters sold here! Custom work available!
PM or email aclnes55@yahoo.com for more information.

BigMac
2GN Member

Post by BigMac » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Old thread, but anyway...

I've dealt with Talia too, and she was very nice to work with. When I showed her some photos of a piece that had started to orange-peel, she sent a free replacement (including postage) even though the original had been on a car for a year already.
Mac's 04 SRT-4

Return to “Vendor Feedback”