Another Outtage Today - Explanation

If we make changes, if the boards will be down, or if we just want to let everyone know about something, we'll be posting it here.
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Another Outtage Today - Explanation

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:38 pm

Some may have saw the site went down today around 2-3pm or so. The problem stems from the host believing that I'm spamming hotmail accounts so they suspended my account for 2GN.org. I contacted them, talked to them, explained that I don't send out spam messages and the only thing being sent in mass quantities are board notifications like Thread notifications, PM notifications, ect. Apparently, according to them, a member of the forum and I don't know who, is submitting these e-mails that they agreed to receiving when they joined to Hotmail as Spam and in turn they are contacting the host. They understand my situation but they are unable to do anything for legal issues.

I'm working to find a new way to send e-mails out or the forum to try and elevate the problem but for now e-mail notifications and such will not work until I am able to fix this. I've also blocked hotmail e-mail address due to this problem.

I'm very sorry about all this but in reality it's out of my control since I don't have anything to do with it. I am however looking for a work around. If anyone has any suggestions like an open SMTP relay server or anything, please let me know!

Hopefully it doesn't take very long to find a workaround :-?
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

that was the longest I ever seen 2gn down, damn it was like I lost a friend :lol:
Hopefully you can get the bs resolved....

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:07 pm

Until I can get this fully resolved I have disabled most if not all e-mails being sent out to prevent the website from being suspended again.

Once again I am VERY sorry about all of this but I am doing my best to get this resolved as fast as possible.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:18 am

and to think I thought I crashed 2GN by posting the info about the dcx discount :lol:

Return to “News”