Rebuilding the Search Index

If we make changes, if the boards will be down, or if we just want to let everyone know about something, we'll be posting it here.
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Rebuilding the Search Index

Post by Diablo0 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:26 pm

Due to a corruption in the search table, I'm rebuilding the search index. If the forum appears a lot slower than normal it's due to that. The rebuild much go through every single post so it may take a few hours. You can however still post as usual, just might move slower...
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

quicksilvr
Former Moderator

Post by quicksilvr » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:26 pm

Well, I'm sure this was the problem I saw earlier. Too bad I didn't think to read this section before I wasted a phone call. :lol:

I am curious why is gave me a debugging error that was extremely similiar to the errors that showed up that time the site got hacked.
-Dave
2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:25 pm

I posted this after you called me :lol: I didn't know about it and probably wouldn't have known about it for quite some time being we have family here for the holiday.

It was similar to the previous error but it was just a corrupt wordlist table. Site wasn't hacked last time, there was just a change that the host made which screwed up the forum causing me to make some changes to some code.

BTW, we're at around 160,000 completed out of 367,607 so we still have a good ways to go...
-Jason
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:48 am

All Finished.
-Jason

Return to “News”