Civic Lip on 02 Bumper?

Got a question on outside appearance modifications. Questions about body kits, exterior lighting, just anything thats a visual mod on the "exterior" of the car. Ask those questions here.
cmunn95
n00b

Civic Lip on 02 Bumper?

Post by cmunn95 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:34 am

So i bought the Mugen style lip kit on ebay for about 30 bucks shipped. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience installing a Civic lip on a neon? I know with the mugen style it doesnt need to be cut to fit the bumper at all, I am thinking just using a heat gun, and several small strips of double sided 3M tape and then 2 screws on each side in the wheel well area. Post any pics and tips if you could! Thanks!! :rockon: :thumbup:

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:58 am

i installed mine, used pop rivets. the tape sticks "well" but will pop off eventually.

cmunn95
n00b

Post by cmunn95 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Just got it in, and its too long on the sides! Lol what should I do? I guess cut down the middle and cut it to fit? Idk lol.

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:19 am

cmunn95 wrote:Just got it in, and its too long on the sides! Lol what should I do? I guess cut down the middle and cut it to fit? Idk lol.
I ended up cutting around 4 inches out of it to fit mine, but keep the piece you cut out. I ended up with a half inch gap, which i cut out of the scrap and put it in place, then did some bondo and fiberglass work to make it all smooth

I strongly advise using pop rivets

Return to “Exterior”