need tips on using the search option

Have a problem with the forum or site, want to make a suggestion, or just have a question about 2GN, post it here and we'll try to fix the problem or at least give you an answer.
04bluesxt
2GN Member

need tips on using the search option

Post by 04bluesxt » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:52 pm

can someone give me a few pointers on how to get the best results by using the search feature on this site? I search for something, or a topic and I get what seems 100's of items that have nothing to do with what I am looking for.

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:28 pm

What are you looking for?

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:34 pm

Quotations work on the forum search engine I believe. Searching for "exact phrase" will return results where those two words appear in that order.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

04bluesxt
2GN Member

Post by 04bluesxt » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:23 pm

I have searched things like will a first gen. engine fit in the 2nd gen cars? what is needed to put the double over head cam engine in my car? trans swap questions ,etc. and when I use the search option, because I hate to re-ask questions that have been covered, I get a big long list of posts. Most have nothing to do with the info I was needing. I know you can spend a lot of time reading all over the forum and dig out the information, but most of the time I have limited time to spend on the internet researching a topic, where a quick answer, from someone that has tried it before would be all that I need to get started in a direction on my car, or which parts to get.

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:54 pm

Easy answer?

A 1st Gen DOHC motor will physically fit in the car, yes.

Are there easier ways to make similar power with less custom work and more reliability. Absolutely.

Return to “Site Problems / Feedback / Suggestions”