2015 Carlisle Special Neon Display

Located here are discussions from previous 2GN.org National Meets held at Carlisle, PA
red 02 r/t
2GN Member

2015 Carlisle Special Neon Display

Post by red 02 r/t » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm sure some of you already know, but for those who don't know the Carlisle staff, mainly Ed Buczeskie, plan to do something special this coming year to honor the 20th anniversary of the Neon. I have talked to Ed a bit and given him my thoughts. At this point he doesn't really know what exactly they are going to do. He mentioned to me in an email that he would like to hear what we Neon Enthusiasts would like to see done. Ed is a Neon guy himself. Him and his wife own a 21K mile all original 95 NYG Sport Coupe with the rare factory leather seat option. So please take a few minuets and email him your thoughts on what should be done to honor the cars we love. His email can be found in the screenshot below.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #140

95 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe - 97 Plymouth Neon ACR Coupe
02 Dodge Neon R/T - 04 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:54 am

viewtopic.php?t=68381
Ed answered my email back on October 30th:
Ed Buczeskie wrote:Hi David,

Thank you for your email. Right now I don’t have a firm plan for the Neon anniversary but I do want to do something... I want to talk to the Neon clubs and find out what you guys want to see me do to celebrate the 20th anniversary. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

If you or anyone else is interested in the possibility of being in an Invitational Display, here is the link to apply: http://invitationals.carlisleevents.com

Thanks David!!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

red 02 r/t
2GN Member

Post by red 02 r/t » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks for posting a copy of his response. He kind of told me the same thing, but he didn't mention how to get considered for the invitational display. After reading the requirements I don't think I want to be in the invitational display anymore. By the sounds of it you are required to have your car on the grounds by Thursday and it has to stay there till Sunday afternoon. When I go to Carlisle my Neon is the only vehicle I have to drive for the weekend so I can't leave it at the fairgrounds. Unless they are willing to make some exceptions, none of us will be able to participate in their special display. They need to realize that most of us drive our cars, not trailer them.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Yeah, I can't leave my car there all weekend so I gave up on the invitational thing as well.

red 02 r/t
2GN Member

Post by red 02 r/t » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:20 am

Hopefully they will make some exceptions when nobody signs up for the display. :lol:

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:27 pm

red 02 r/t wrote:Hopefully they will make some exceptions when nobody signs up for the display. :lol:
That's what I was thinking.

Not being able to drive your car for the whole weekend would make for a pretty crappy time.

They may get a few that have been trailered there, but then in the past, most of them that needed to be trailered were done so because they didn't even run. Or are not road legal.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Hey, wouldn't BRR's SRT shell make for a good display item? :-k

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:57 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:Hey, wouldn't BRR's SRT shell make for a good display item? :-k
probably not.

If I still have my SRT come July I could tow it out behind the silver car and park it all weekend.
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:50 pm

I have multiple neons, tempted to put my nyg on display alongside eds
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:18 am

^^That sound's like a great idea! =D>

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:53 am

Speaking of which just yesterday he had his out driving around, I followed him until he turned into the fairgrounds.
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:48 am

now i really want to get to carlisle 2015!
Buyer/ Seller Feedback Here

2005 OB Srt-D, R/T motor swap

pa acr
2GN Member

Post by pa acr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:10 pm

I talked to Ed and got him to sign my 3rd Place plaque last summer after the Awards Ceremony on Sunday. We talked briefly about doing something special this summer. I emailed Carlisle about a month ago but never heard back from anyone. I'm hoping to somehow have all 3 of my neons there this summer. I think it would be awesome to have an ACR, NYG, and R/T in the showfield. The only one not running right now is the R/T. I hope to find out what's wrong with it as soon as the weather breaks.

I also saw where there is going to be some kind of Club Recognition event. I don't know if Jason is going to apply for it. I think you have to fill out a form and give reasons why you think your club should be considered to be the best.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:29 pm

I haven't heard anything more from Ed since I last posted. Recognition for our club would certainly be nice since it will be our tenth anniversary of meeting during Carlisle.

2k1MotorSport
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by 2k1MotorSport » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:34 am

i would really like to have a neon come Carlisle 2015!
-Scott

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:09 am

I still have my body in white SRT still sitting on the Chrysler dolly from when I picked it up :roll:
The chassis has still been waiting for me to heal medically to get started on my project so its still untouched...
This could be a great display item along with other running vehicles for the Neon display...just saying....

There currently is no hood or front fascia, there is a black SRT fascia on the back of the car. Other than that its still in factory epoxy primer with some drain plugs welded shut prior to delivery from Mopar back in 2005 for a racing group (won't mention without authorization) for the SCCA Neon racing series back in 2005.
I could always try to get the original owner to type up a short article on how and where the chassis came from before I acquired it.
The chassis still looks exactly like it did when I picked it up in 2013 and had it displayed at Carlisle in the stock SRT class :)

ianguilly
2GN Member

Post by ianguilly » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:05 am

Possible special display? I'm tempted.
-Neon #3 1999 Neon R/T coupe,DOHC MTX
-Neon #4 1998 Neon Alpine green coupe SOHC MTX -daily shit box

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member #110

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:44 am

BlackRoseRacing wrote:I still have my body in white SRT still sitting on the Chrysler dolly from when I picked it up :roll:
The chassis has still been waiting for me to heal medically to get started on my project so its still untouched...
This could be a great display item along with other running vehicles for the Neon display...just saying....
Midnight_Rider wrote:Hey, wouldn't BRR's SRT shell make for a good display item? :-k
Great minds think alike. :D

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:12 pm

According to Diablo and Canada, they already have been talking to the Carlisle Staff about this upcoming year. I'll leave it to them to post any further details.

Blivitt02
2GN Member

Post by Blivitt02 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Not sure my car is worthy, not a significant piece of neon history by any means, but we could bring another car down so mine could stay parked. It was featured in modern mopar mag, and was one of the first srt swapped 2gn's, and I think it's pretty clean, so if there was interest, I'd be interested...

red 02 r/t
2GN Member

Post by red 02 r/t » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:37 am

Here is the response I received from Ed a couple of weeks ago. We will be able to drive our cars around in the evenings. Now I'm waiting for his response on whether or not we can pull the cars out some what early on Saturday for the tmi meet. If we can then I will certainly be submitting pics of at least one of my Neons to be considered for the special display.
Hi Greg,

My wife’s NYG Neon has been absent from the show field the last couple of years because she usually drives my truck to the show to haul stuff for our club and stuff for the kids. Also, the inspection on that car runs out in the spring and lately I’ve been too busy to get it inspected in time for the show L. I did get it inspected a few months ago and put a few miles on it before putting it away for the winter. I will be sure to have it at the show next year for the Neon Celebration!!

It looks like we are thinking along the same lines as far as the celebration. I figured that most owners (if not all of them) drive their Neons and would need to have access to them each day. For that reason, I figured we’d have to do an outdoor display. I’m fine with doing a tent but we’ll have to put someone in charge of it to make sure it gets used by the proper cars.

To get things rolling, here’s a link to the invitational application: http://invitationals.carlisleevents.com

Please share this among the Neon community and encourage people to submit if you don’t mind. I don’t personally know the whereabouts of any of the models you listed (other than my wife’s NYG Sport Coupe) so we’ll need to start the search. The sooner we get it out there, the better. If you have ANY questions, please let me know.

Thanks Greg!!

red 02 r/t
2GN Member

Post by red 02 r/t » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:13 am

Blivitt02 wrote:Not sure my car is worthy, not a significant piece of neon history by any means, but we could bring another car down so mine could stay parked. It was featured in modern mopar mag, and was one of the first srt swapped 2gn's, and I think it's pretty clean, so if there was interest, I'd be interested...
Being featured in a mag makes it a significant piece of Neon history. Your car is certainly worthy Mike!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:08 am

Well, if I'll be able to drive my car over the weekend, perhaps I should look into being part of the display after all. :-k

red 02 r/t
2GN Member

Post by red 02 r/t » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:Well, if I'll be able to drive my car over the weekend, perhaps I should look into being part of the display after all. :-k
Yeah if Ed responds and says were allowed to leave early for the tmi meet it's certainly worth trying to get into the display. You can't beat free admission and shaded parking. Based on that last response I don't think leaving for the tmi meet should be a problem, but I want conformation from him.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:41 pm

red 02 r/t wrote:...You can't beat free admission...
Well, I've already paid admission- Carlisle Events had their Black Friday sale so I thought that I would save myself some money. #-o

Two bad things about parking under a special tent- not being able to keep an eye on my car on Friday and Sunday (I usually try to park as close to the 2GN tent as possible) and not being parked in the correct judging row on Saturday (hey, I can always hope for being struck by trophy lighting twice :lol: ).

red 02 r/t
2GN Member

Post by red 02 r/t » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote: Well, I've already paid admission- Carlisle Events had their Black Friday sale so I thought that I would save myself some money. #-o

Two bad things about parking under a special tent- not being able to keep an eye on my car on Friday and Sunday (I usually try to park as close to the 2GN tent as possible) and not being parked in the correct judging row on Saturday (hey, I can always hope for being struck by trophy lighting twice :lol: ).
I'm sure if your car got chosen for the display they would refund your admission fee. Also I'm sure your car would be safe in the display tent as I'm willing to bet the cars would be roped off. As for the judging I'm not sure how that works. My guess is special display cars either don't get judged or they are judged against each other.

pa acr
2GN Member

Post by pa acr » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 pm

I'm pretty sure they give you some kind of plaque which states that your car was selected for special recognition.......

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:30 pm

^^Hmmm, now you've got me thinking. :D

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Spent the last two hours trying to complete the application but their server times out when you try to upload photos. :banghead:

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:55 am

alpinegreenneon on the org was able to submit for his NYG ACR
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

Return to “Previous 2GN.org National Meet Discussions”