Hello everybody!

Welcome to 2GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
McNasty
2GN Member

Hello everybody!

Post by McNasty » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Hey folks,
I'm Mason, and I've had my 2003 SE for about three years now. His name is Bill because the previous owner had apparently pissed someone off enough to start carving "bitch" into the fender. They only got the "b", "i", and a vertical line, so I added another vertical line to give rise to Bill. He's my DD, with around 187,000 miles. I have done a few little things: the Spyder headlights (whoever put the aiming screws where they are is a sadist), LED taillights, K&N CAI, a Pioneer deck. Since I've got steelies with the stock covers, and only so much money, I just sanded them down and painted them white. And it's really 4x4 thanks to Monroe's crappy quick struts. #-o

I just ordered my new coilpack, wires, and NGKs from MP. I also ordered the boogers, but I think I'm gonna hold off till I get a new transmission... :banghead:

-Mason's Project Log viewtopic.php?t=68112
Official I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies Member #144

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:29 pm

Hey welcome.... awesome plans for the ride... :)
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:12 am

"Bill"- that's funny. :lol: Welcome to 2GN!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

The Flash
2GN Member

Post by The Flash » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:42 am

Funny story and that deep blue color looks amazing. What are those tail lights called? And welcome to the forums :p

McNasty
2GN Member

Post by McNasty » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Those are the Spec-D LED tail lights. I got them from andysautosport.com and probably paid too much for them. I will say they fit WAAAAY better than my headlights. Install is super quick (I think it took me about 15-20 minutes for both sides).

The Flash
2GN Member

Post by The Flash » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:27 pm

McNasty wrote:Those are the Spec-D LED tail lights. I got them from andysautosport.com and probably paid too much for them. I will say they fit WAAAAY better than my headlights. Install is super quick (I think it took me about 15-20 minutes for both sides).
I aggree, I have the Mopar 3D tail lights and those same headlights. The headlights look cool but they are such a hassle to adjust to be leveled. I gave up after a day of messing around with them and my line of sight is so bad I need to use my high beams occasionally lol. I still don't know which way to turn the adjusting bolts on the back of the headlights to raise the beam :P

McNasty
2GN Member

Post by McNasty » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:53 pm

The Flash wrote:
McNasty wrote:Those are the Spec-D LED tail lights. I got them from andysautosport.com and probably paid too much for them. I will say they fit WAAAAY better than my headlights. Install is super quick (I think it took me about 15-20 minutes for both sides).
I aggree, I have the Mopar 3D tail lights and those same headlights. The headlights look cool but they are such a hassle to adjust to be leveled. I gave up after a day of messing around with them and my line of sight is so bad I need to use my high beams occasionally lol. I still don't know which way to turn the adjusting bolts on the back of the headlights to raise the beam :P
For height, it's the lower outside screw (the one with that toothed washer/flange thing). Iirc clockwise is down and counter-clockwise is up. That might just be for the driver side... It's been a while since I stopped worrying about it :rofl:
I live in the city, so I don't really "need" headlights anymore, and other people can flash their high beams as much as they want :tardbang:

The Flash
2GN Member

Post by The Flash » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:56 pm

McNasty wrote:For height, it's the lower outside screw (the one with that toothed washer/flange thing). Iirc clockwise is down and counter-clockwise is up. That might just be for the driver side... It's been a while since I stopped worrying about it :rofl:
I live in the city, so I don't really "need" headlights anymore, and other people can flash their high beams as much as they want :tardbang:
Lol :rofl: when I first got my car people kept flashing their high beams at me thinking I had my high beams on. I'm guessing that's what happenes with you. It used to be annoying for me but I don't have to worry about that anymore that I screwed up my lights lol. I'll try to fix them today and see how that goes :D

Oh and I have a questiin. What's that long red wire connected to on the pic of your engine?

McNasty
2GN Member

Post by McNasty » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:21 pm

The drive belt ate the wiring for the passenger side parking lights, so I just ran that reef wire to draw from the driver side. Super ghetto, I know. But at least I've got working partying lights/halos/LEDs on the passenger side!

The Flash
2GN Member

Post by The Flash » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Also have you ran into this same problem. Like for me I sometimes notice my halos don't turn on. I turn on and off my parking lights but sometimes one side turns on and the other side remains off.

Has anything like that happened to you?

McNasty
2GN Member

Post by McNasty » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:36 pm

It might be a wiring issue. If that's the case, I'd just get a wire-to-wire clamp and that should fix it. If not, the lights in the halo might be burnt out. If that's the case, there are shitloads of places that sell replacement rings. If you go that route, you should replace all the rings with CCFL rings fit a cleaner, brighter look.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”