license plate light

Welcome to 2GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
niyawn
Fresh Fish

license plate light

Post by niyawn » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:03 am

hi guys im new to this website and need some help, i have a 2004 neon sxt that was hit from the rear, fixed and then i bought it, the guys that fixed it didn't wire anything to the license plate, so i went and got a bundle of leds and want to instal them but i just have no idea where to wire the led bundle to. (breaks are out of the question for the obvious) do i have to wire it all the way to the headlights or could i do the speakers in the trunk or something.

give me your suggestions please thanks.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:42 am

Welcome!

You need to locate the black with yellow tracer wire that connects to the tail lights.

The brake light wires are brown/red right side, and dark green/red left side, don't connect to those.

LEDs are polarity sensitive, so if they don't work the first time, try swapping the wires.

Good luck.

For future reference, post any further questions in the Audio/Security/Electrical Section, or the section that applies to your issue. ;)
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”