wheels log..... :'(

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
wheels04sxt
2GN Member

wheels log..... :'(

Post by wheels04sxt » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:50 pm

so ive been contemplating making one of these for a while now and keep puttin it off but.... im bored so here we go

ive been on here for a lil while now just havent been very active but am always reading and researching stuff.

my first mod was the mpx shorty attena, then a custom 2.5 in stainless exhaust, then an iceman intake. next i got eibach sportlines and that was when i joined 2gn. to start heres what my car looked like when i joined you guys here:

comense shitty cell pics and horrid cam skills!!! :rockon: lol

(a few months before i found the site)

some what fixed...

now im uber lazy but most of my mods are posted in my garage and most have pics... heres some of the newest pics of the cars progress though:

not sure if any of you recall but i made a p log when i "attempted" to paint my car.. well the roof finally turned out
no pic of the hood but it still looks like ass ha hopin to get a cf hood soon or pay to get it painted

now some engine bay shots, this is where ive put most of the time/effort lately:

getting a lil dramatic haha

now the best ext shots i have:

im still not sure if i want to color match the lip kit or not, i also have the skirts they just arent on yet. im thinking of getting an avs/pvo spoiler, paint it black, throw in my tinted tails again, and eventually get some black rims. what do you guys think? i like the black and blue theme, just lookin for opinions.

i also ordered megan racing coilovers and they shipped out today so im hopin to have tham soon! once i get them ill be putting on my DCR rear lca's, srt sways, prothane master bushing set, and endlinks so stay tuned

thats pretty much how she sits for now. like i said im bein sorta lazy and dont feel like postin every mod ive done, there all in my garage but if anyone has any question feel free to ask. and as always comments/criticism/bad jokes are all welcome :D ha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Last edited by wheels04sxt on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 33 times in total.
    -nick

smiley
    2GN Member

Post by smiley » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Car looks good man, and yer plans sound good to

Everybody is gonna say the same thing they say to and color match it, but hey yer car, u like the black and blue then do it, cause it looks good so far

Sabersoul
    2GN Member

Post by Sabersoul » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:25 pm

Looks good. Love what you've done with the engine bay. :D

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:51 pm

thanks guys :)
    -nick

2005.Neon.SXT
    2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Engine bay looks clean. I need to do the same... getting lazy about it... What do you use to clean it? Or what did you use to get a good majority of the gunk off?

Nice job so far :thumbup:
    Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:44 am

2005.Neon.SXT wrote:Engine bay looks clean. I need to do the same... getting lazy about it... What do you use to clean it? Or what did you use to get a good majority of the gunk off?

Nice job so far :thumbup:
    thanks mang!

i just used some cheep engine cleaner, rags and for the plastic and ruber i used some armor all cleaning wipes that i use when detailing the interior lol they worked really well and gave everything a pretty nice shine.

ive been tossing around the idea of doin an 02 style front end swap. i absolutely love the look of the 02 style bumpers with the civ lip and projectors ha 2005.Neon.SXT you did this right?

thanks again for the comments. hope to have the skirts on tomorrow finally! :rockon:
    -nick

2005.Neon.SXT
    2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:35 am

Ya, I swapped out my front end last year. Got back from Afghanistan a couple weeks ago and I finally got the front end painted.

Everyone always gives the simple answer "spray, rags, and time".... guess I'm just lazy rofl.

Can't wait to see the side skirts!
    Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

glasswars
    2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:07 am

I'd leave the 03 front end. Hard to find e-blue w/ the Mopar lip kit. Just color match it pleeeeeeeeeeeease.
    thisishalcyon.com
    @halcyonphoto

acr
    BANNED

Post by acr » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:15 am

I like the black/blue theme

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 pm

2005: yeah it can become pretty time consuming if you dont stay on top of it. i try to wash my car once a week and after doing the ext. i lust get a rag and hit up the bay a lil. makes for less work instead of trying to detail the shit out of it every month or two lol

glasswars: thanks im still torn between the two as of now. i like the look of the 02s but cost wise, color matchin what ive got would be more ideal. id love to get the skirts and lips matched, just dont have the funds so for now im rockin the black on blue.

acr: thanks mang i like it too, for now ha if the money ever comes around for paint, itll be matched. but for now its stayin. IMO it doesnt look to bad.

so the skirts arent goin on till either tomorrow night or this weekend after i help my buddy swap trannies in his mazda 3. my grandfather is terminally ill so im tryin to help take care of him and spend as much time with the fam since we dont know how much more he has.
    -nick

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:50 pm

for those who may not have seen this yet:

viewtopic.php?t=51682

on a good note, coils are on along with DCR latteral arms, LCA bushings are in, srt sways are on. still need to roll fenders but i took a 4 pound hamer to the pinch welds and havent had any rubbing issues so far.

no pics of the install as i had no help and something about working in 100+ degree weather doesnt really make you want to stop and take pics lol

heres a few i did snap though (more cell pics...)

megan racing coilovers :D

i aslo washed, claybarred, and waxed the car a couple days ago... i need an actual camera, these cell pics do it absolutely no justice! lol

i also got new headlight welt rubbers cause the ones that came wit hmy projectors were already sundried and rotted after less than a year :shock: will be installing asap

mmm gotta love a shinny rear end :lol:

im goin out now to make some more adjustments, possibly roll the fenders and deffinitely drop the rear more. thats all for now.

oh and skirts are still waiting to be installed.... idk why i havent gotten to those yet
    -nick

sidepipe87
    2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:39 pm

holy huge fart cannon batman! :shock:

Car looks good, man! Too bad there's like a trailer hitch imprint in your front bumper :sad: Coor match the lip kit and skirts and you'll be good to go.

I have a set of Megans showing up here Thursday! :smile:
    PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

PurpleStuff
    2GN Member

Post by PurpleStuff » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Coilovers make it look great
    Build Thread....Check It viewtopic.php?t=51626

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:48 am

sidepipe87 wrote:holy huge fart cannon batman! :shock:

Car looks good, man! Too bad there's like a trailer hitch imprint in your front bumper :sad: Coor match the lip kit and skirts and you'll be good to go.

I have a set of Megans showing up here Thursday! :smile:
    haha yeah i wana do somethin else with the exhaust but dont really like the look of any dual tip systems so the fart cannon is there till i make up my mind.

as for the trailer hitch im print, i have another bumper cover but its unpainted and has the fog holes so im lookin for another w/o fogs. once i get that ill throw on the side skirts and ill be getting everything color matched.

megans FTW!!!!! :thumbup: seriously the ride is amazing! that plus the LCA bushing and rear sway bar it feels like a whole new car. i woulda spent the extra couple hundo on the BCs but these megans suit my needs just fine lol
    PurpleStuff wrote:Coilovers make it look great
    thanks bro :) i just droped the back about another inch so now im almost tuckin tire all around. might go moar lower when i roll fenders... but idk yet.
    the DCR latteral arms make fitting the wheels in the fenders a breaze.
    -nick

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:54 pm

time for a long over due update!

wheels haz wheels!

i bought hybrid's (seans) old wheels. team dynamics 17x7 +35. the powder coat is chipped in a few places but ill be redoing them as soon as its time for new tires. cut pinch welds and rolled fenders. still need to make some camber and height adjustmeants to get my stance on! lol

heres a couple pics:

snapped these at work the other night, car is filthy!

some asshole must have hit me at the store cuz that dent on the pass. side rear fender has never been there...

still skirtless as im waiting till i get the car painted to put them on instead of shootin em black for now...

clutch took a shit on me the other day as well... i hate havung to borrow a friends car to get to work! so now im waiting on my clutchmasters stage 3 to show up! :twisted:

not much else going on with the car for now. i have a srt rear disc swap thats been sitting in my garage forever now that im going to try and install tonight.

oh.... and im going to be buying the turbo kit hyrbrid was selling :twisted:

i will have boost, oh yes, i will have boost
    -nick

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:59 pm

not a huge update.... at least not yet :twisted:

i installed my clutch master stage 3 about a week ago. not many pics as i had to do the entire job myself, he-manned the tranny out w/ no jack and all. so anyone who thinks they need to bitch about needing help, trust me you dont. put your mind to it and all you needs the right attitude and enough beer to get you through the night :lol:

i aparently ordered a non modular, acording to mpx, as thats what the y sold me. my stock clutch took a shit on me so i had no time to send it back and wait for another nor the extra 200 bucks for the modular. my buddy works for napa and hooked me up with a brand new 95 flywheel for hella cheap so i could go ahead and use the non modular clutch.

95 flywheel:

modular flywheel compared to 95:

the clutch installed:

i still want to get an aluminum flywheel here soon. anyone have one? tis clutch grips like a mother f***er! lol i havent driven on any other setups than stock in a neon but this feels great.

also a pic of the car i kinda liked:

BIG update to come soon. stay tuned :thumbup:

nick
    -nick

smiley
    2GN Member

Post by smiley » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:02 am

wheels look good, car is coming together quite nicely

hybrid-Srt2001
    2GN Member

Post by hybrid-Srt2001 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:25 am

those wheels look great on your car nick! how do you like the new clutch? i have the same one and love it!
    ImageImage
    [/quote]Yup it definately needs to go lower. If its not scrapeing constantly why you are driving then its not low enough bro. :lol:[/quote]

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:36 am

smiley wrote:wheels look good, car is coming together quite nicely
    thanks bro. still needs paint and skirts i know lol
    hybrid-Srt2001 wrote:those wheels look great on your car nick! how do you like the new clutch? i have the same one and love it!
    thanks mang! im hoping to re powdercoat them very soon as well as throw some new tread on. thinking of getting some ecasta xs's :twisted:

as for the clutch, it feels amazing! night and day difference from stock. and since my old one crapped out i figured id upgrade. i can hook the tires up and get em spining no questions asked now! it did take some getting used to and at first i had to have the pedal a good two inches off the floor before it wouild engage, then it would suddenly snap into full engagement. i bled the slave cylinder and it helped alot but its still not very easy to feather and likes to grab very fast lol is that how it should act? also theres a slight rattling sound from the bell housing but im guessing thats the TOB?
    -nick

hybrid-Srt2001
    2GN Member

Post by hybrid-Srt2001 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:00 am

I vote for gold powdercoat on the wheels with the ecasta's; they grip like crazy.

As for the clutch, mine is pretty grabby and doesn't engage till the last few inches of travel. My trans did rattle, then again it had multiple things going on like vibration from mounts, big cam, etc. i could hear what sounded like either tob rattle or syncro's rattling. Either way, the only reason my trans went out was because of improper cleaning/fuids when it was put together.
    ImageImage
    [/quote]Yup it definately needs to go lower. If its not scrapeing constantly why you are driving then its not low enough bro. :lol:[/quote]

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:16 am

hmmmm.. i like.... gold! haha thats a bad ass idea! i think ill look into it man. i always liked the look of gold wheels on blue cars

and ive got solid mounts and the PB trans mount inserts as well so it vibes pretty good too. im pretty sure the rattle is the tob cause with the pedal completely pressed in the noise goes away. good to know its the norm, i was gettin a lil worried there
    -nick

tomfitz
    2GN Member

Post by tomfitz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:41 pm

looks great man keep it up!

Speeder
    2GN Member

Post by Speeder » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:03 pm

looks great
    -Adam
    2010 Jeep Liberty
    2003 Dodge Neon SXT ATX SOLD :mopar: :eekdance:

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:34 am

thanks guys :)

and.....

shitty pics but you get the idea. thanks again sean :thumbup:

more to come, i has work to do... :twisted:
    -nick

Haganracing
    2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:45 am

Everything I have seen looks great man!!

Can't wait for more updates :rockon:
    occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
    Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 pm

^thanks man :thumbup:

i started bolting up some of the parts for the turbo last night. got the intercooler mounted and some of the piping routed. hoping to have the turbo and portfueler installed tonight as well.

also washed the car this afternoon in the 110 degree weather lol since i dont plan on keeping this bumper, i hacked out the lower grille to show off teh intercooler.... i dont really like the look and dont plan t odo this on the other bumper once its painted

more to come,

nick
    -nick

INVUJerry
    2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:30 pm

I have the same clutch also in my 98 neon. I loved it when I drove it. I was using a cable clutch so it was a little different, but what I liked was it didn't feel heavier than stock. I could chirp 3rd with it if I was really giving it. On nitrous, it handled it like a champ.

synviper
    2GN Member

Post by synviper » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Beast finally a progress log that isnt a new lip or interior. What turbo are you looking at getting? Good luck on the build dude.
    ImageImage
    Hi my name is Jake and im not smarter than a fifth grader :thumbup:.
    Phone Booth Member: 002

wheels04sxt
    2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:30 pm

jerry: yeah i chirp 2nd pretty good, not so much 3rd yet lol im likin the feel of the clutch and the more i drive it the more i love it!

synviper: lol thanks man. i bought the hahn kit that hybrid (sean) had F/S forever. im going to run the portfueler and stock internals until i tear the motor down this winter, build it, and run MS.
    -nick

eford33
    2GN Member

Post by eford33 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:43 am

ugh, this has got to be my favorite 2gn.
    ahh, simple pleasures.
    keep up the good work!

Return to “Progress/Project Log”