Project Neon 2.0 =)

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
neongirl87
2GN Member

Post by neongirl87 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:11 pm

im trying! lol i need some $$ tho =( there is this shop here locally that does tint and sound, so i want to save up enough to get both done at the same time

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Radios are actually really easy to put in yourself. Just get a harness and match up the colors when connecting the harness with the one that came with the radio. After that it is literally plug and play.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Such as THIS

Just match the wires to the output on your new headunit. You can get away with crimping butt connectors to make the adapter harness, (Probably what most install places like Best Buy do, I may be wrong, but i just can't see them taking the time to solder them in... ) tho soldering and shrink tubing will give you a better/more durable connection.

Places like Sonic Electronix, and Crutchfield will generally give you the above for free tho.

About all you need is a phillips screw driver to remove the HVAC bezel, and the radio. And some butt connectors, and crimpers, if going that route.

It's so easy, even a Cave Gurl can do it. :lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

neongirl87
2GN Member

Post by neongirl87 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:37 pm

=/ I honestly don't think i'm ready for a project like this lol I'd rather it get done by a professional, especially with tint, maybe i can get a deal for some speakers when getting the stereo installed ;)

Jean-Seb
2GN Member

Post by Jean-Seb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:34 am

Do it ! :rofl: jk

Window tinting is something I'd never try myself, just because of the learning curve. Takes a bit too long to get good at. By the time you're doing well... you have to redo half your windows. :lol:

Don't forget, it's not rocket science ! I'd say rocket science isn't all that hard... :roll: lol

neongirl87
2GN Member

Post by neongirl87 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:38 am

got my tint, stereo and hids installed today =) pics coming soon once i get her washed up ;)

here is some pics i messed with

help a fellow neon owner fix her car up =)

thanks for taking the time to check out my thread

neongirl87
2GN Member

Post by neongirl87 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:38 pm

got my stereo, HID's And tint done today!!

will post better pics when washed! it's been off and on rain so I hate to waste time or $

ALSO! I need your advice!

I want to replace the factory antenna, I want great quality reception for local stations but I want a small clean look, I've seen some cheap ebay stuff but I know you guys wouldn't put ebay crap on your cars =)

and! I want better handling, i've replaced, struts, springs, strut mounts, rotors, drumbs, brakes etc...

BUT i heard about a sway or is it strut bar? would it need 1 up front and 1 in the rear? and which ones are the best for a 2003 dodge neon?

whats the diffrence in strut bars and sway bars? should i get both?

thanks for the help! i know i bug but you guys know your stuff

Return to “Progress/Project Log”