chew*'s 02 R/T

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
chew*
2GN Member

chew*'s 02 R/T

Post by chew* » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:37 pm

ok just picked this up needs work.

First up was no reverse when delivered to my door. I gambled on it, 10 minutes after paperwork was signed and was paid for I had reverse working. Shifter bushings were non existant.
:rockon:

Test drove it, a couple struts, alignment, bushings and a facelift etc should have it in tip top shape.

Needs a lot of cleaning still but heres some shots after a bath or 2 today.

If the parts car is cleaner rust wise than your car, swap the inner dash panels (VIN) and use the parts car with your title.
But don't street race..!!??

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:39 pm

Do I spy a leather interior?
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Yes the leather was rough though. I sold it for $150 to a buddy. He will reupholster it. My cranberry neon donated the leather you see in car in pictures :).

Leather wheel is mint but swapping to 03 leather wheel as soon as i get a new clockspring.
If the parts car is cleaner rust wise than your car, swap the inner dash panels (VIN) and use the parts car with your title.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:53 am

Need to see more leather, donated or not... especially if you have the adjustable rear headrests (yes, apparently I have a fetish for those headrests :lol: ).

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:50 am

Very nice. I assume you got a pretty good deal with no reverse and the previous owner having no clue as to what the reason was.

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:32 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:Need to see more leather, donated or not... especially if you have the adjustable rear headrests (yes, apparently I have a fetish for those headrests :lol: ).
Not including leather that sold theres 3 neons with leather here. Ill satisfy that fetish when i get home from work including adjustable rear headrests :)

I paid to much imo. 1550 after selling leather. 180K on the car. Black is tough to find in RI,MA,CT in decent condition.

ducktapetg
2GN Member

Post by ducktapetg » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Nice pickup man! I agree with you on finding clean neons up here. When I got mine a few years ago it was clean and from the south. Now, the salt and crap is starting to get to it. Whats your plans for it?
Jason

2001 r/t
1998 r/t Project Log --> viewtopic.php?t=66496

Gnuserup
2GN Member

Post by Gnuserup » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:02 pm

wow - 180.000 miles ?

I admire what this little machines are good for :thumbup:

btw. R/T s in usa do not always come with leather interior ?
a neon - what else ?

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Gnuserup wrote:wow - 180.000 miles ?

I admire what this little machines are good for :thumbup:

btw. R/T s in usa do not always come with leather interior ?
No sir it was optional. Many came with ram print cloth interior.

My silver 00 is pushing close to 200K :shock:

ducktapetg wrote: Whats your plans for it?
No clue yet except for more LOW less 4X4. Engine sounds surprisingly good for an R/T. Ive seen R/T blocks toss rods way more often. It is burning some oil on startup and high revs. Ill check valve seals when i pull engine.

I have a 32K stock block a 15K fully built engine tons of go faster than stock parts ( lol ) so who knows what will happen.

If i find bad valve seals ill freshen this one up and stick the block in my daily since that one has a scarier than piston slap noise as of late.

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:09 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:Need to see more leather, donated or not... especially if you have the adjustable rear headrests (yes, apparently I have a fetish for those headrests :lol: ).
Leather fetish time. Please excuse picture quality. Was getting dark when I got home from work. Ill have to take pics of the fast and furious orange car with leather next time it comes by house.....still aquiring interior parts to kill the tiger that was in it lol.....

Silver 2000 currently my DD

My sons 2001 ATX we rescued. Stock interior for this car :shock:

Black RT I just picked up. Not a fan of wrinkled leather door panel style so swapping to the tight wrap style door panels which i had hidden away.

Hope I satisfied fetish and as you can tell your not the only one with a leather fetish :)

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 am

chew wrote:Image
:love4: Exactly what I want in my car (well, unless I could find the BUX three headrest version...).

Return to “Progress/Project Log”