NGC Neon Email Tunes

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
95srtswap
2GN Member

NGC Neon Email Tunes

Post by 95srtswap » Wed May 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Hello Everyone, I have figured out a way to use a flash device and have successfully flashed a 04 SXT ecu. As a result I can email you tunes and you can flash via the obdii port.

95srtswap
2GN Member

Re: NGC Neon Email Tunes

Post by 95srtswap » Wed May 08, 2013 11:04 pm

95srtswap wrote:Hello Everyone, I have figured out a way to use a flash device and have successfully flashed a 04 SXT ecu. As a result I can email you tunes and you can flash via the obdii port.

I forgot to mention with this I can convert your stock non turbo ecu into a turbo ecu rather than getting a Srt 4 ecu.

trojmn
2GN Member

Post by trojmn » Wed May 08, 2013 11:07 pm

what are we using for the OBD interface?

edit: say i get the binary in an email. it would also come with flash program? a serial to ODB cable is common enough to source, though id hate to field those support calls ;-)
03 SRT
Now building for GS ;-)

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:55 pm

He didn't give all the details here like he did on Facebook:

Kevin Sykes-Bonnett "u need one of the handhelds i'm selling and I will make a few changes and it will work on you car. It will come with a program for windows that loads an email tune on handheld and you flash thru OBDii port. I just got it too work and was so excited I posted it. I need to test a few other things first but I can do it "
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Tue May 21, 2013 4:42 pm

So for $150 you're selling the interface AND a program that allows a PC to communicate with the interface? Very interested in details and dyno results.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

95srtswap
2GN Member

Post by 95srtswap » Tue May 21, 2013 5:01 pm

OB wrote:So for $150 you're selling the interface AND a program that allows a PC to communicate with the interface? Very interested in details and dyno results.
It's a modified Sct handheld and I'm the only one that can modify the tune. The Binary will come encrypted and the handheld unencrypts it before loading thru obdii

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 pm

lol, you're not the only person who knows how to do this... just saying

95srtswap
2GN Member

Post by 95srtswap » Wed May 22, 2013 12:32 am

Hudson_Neon wrote:lol, you're not the only person who knows how to do this... just saying

Maybe true but They don't have access to the cals the way I do GUARANTEE :D

and why aren't they doing it also?

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Wed May 22, 2013 12:34 am

Having talked to someone about it, I'm pretty sure Kevin has a clear advantage in this matter.
-Scott

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #135 (2005 SE)

95srtswap
2GN Member

Post by 95srtswap » Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 am

Skitlz wrote:Having talked to someone about it, I'm pretty sure Kevin has a clear advantage in this matter.

Forums need a like button.

I have some crazy stuff i'm going to do for the NGC guys

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Wed May 22, 2013 1:18 am

:banghead: there's different ways of accomplishing the same thing. and i'm not doing it cause i've gotten past my stage of wanting to run my own little business over the internet. not saying what you're doing isn't awesome, but you're not the first guy to do it and i guarantee you're not as special as you think. :banghead:

95srtswap
2GN Member

Post by 95srtswap » Wed May 22, 2013 1:35 am

Hudson_Neon wrote::banghead: there's different ways of accomplishing the same thing. and i'm not doing it cause i've gotten past my stage of wanting to run my own little business over the internet. not saying what you're doing isn't awesome, but you're not the first guy to do it and i guarantee you're not as special as you think. :banghead:

Why beat your head against a wall when we both agree there are different ways to get it done

Couple questions:

Just curious do you have the ability to recompile the source code to create a built in 2 step? How about a blinking cel when you see knock? what about a functioning rev limiter past 8160 rpm?

I'm not going to get into a pissing match but until someone else steps up that can and will flash a stock ecu for any 96-05 non srt of course neon, the can or coulds are a bunch of shit starting IMO.

If you 2gn guys would sit back and be patient everyone will get there nuts tickled including yourself.

Right now i'm working on a 1gn turbo ecu with a 2.25 and a 3 bar map sensor on a factory ecu then then NGC stuff hits full swing. Just sit back and watch

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Wed May 22, 2013 9:52 am

Hudson_Neon wrote::banghead: there's different ways of accomplishing the same thing. and i'm not doing it cause i've gotten past my stage of wanting to run my own little business over the internet. not saying what you're doing isn't awesome, but you're not the first guy to do it and i guarantee you're not as special as you think. :banghead:
I guarantee he is, considering the equipment he has. You've been on this guy since the first post he made, what is your issue?

I personally think it's awesome that I'm not going to have to drop a thousand dollars on a MS setup. Especially awesome that it's being done with the proper equipment.

Also, my father has worked for several companies that design and manufacture ASICs and other "computer chips". When I found out about Kevin's intention through 'someone', before he had even posted about it, I asked my father about the plausibility of reflashing an ECU without proprietary equipment. It's a huge investment, to the point that it has to be mass produced to break even.

Seriously, I'd love to hear how you would go about reflashing a locked up ECU.

And the sarcasm about a small business? That's not a phase, that's a smart and awesome thing to do. Why shouldn't he make a bit of money back for his work he's doing for the Neon community?

Seriously think before you post. And gain some valid knowledge instead of blindly claiming things like this.

I have no issue with you, personally, but I don't take kindly to ignorance and petty sarcasm.

/endrant
-Scott

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Wed May 22, 2013 11:08 am

Christ... scott, don't be so ignorant. you should know better than to say i'm posting without knowing what i'm talking about. i realize that you're both new to this board and don't quite have the working knowledge of the past 5-6 years.

no, i personally don't have the ability to do this. pretty easy to find somebody who has been playing with this for the last 2 years though.

viewtopic.php?t=57510
viewtopic.php?t=64498

so yeah, i'll be "on this guy" as you say in order to inform him that if you can think of it, somebody else has already done it. this is America. honestly scott, i used to think you were just simple, but now i realize that you're just foolish. talk about thinking before you post

now lets all pull out our dicks, measure with out micrometers, and see who can dribble the farthest just for shits

NyNeon0813
2GN Member

Post by NyNeon0813 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:50 pm

will i b able to flash my 01 the same way as the ngc?

'01 PEON - '01 R/T head swap.. Bolt ons & ksports

***tUrBo CoMiNg SoOn***

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Wed May 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Hudson_Neon wrote:Christ... scott, don't be so ignorant. you should know better than to say i'm posting without knowing what i'm talking about. i realize that you're both new to this board and don't quite have the working knowledge of the past 5-6 years.

no, i personally don't have the ability to do this. pretty easy to find somebody who has been playing with this for the last 2 years though.

viewtopic.php?t=57510
viewtopic.php?t=64498

so yeah, i'll be "on this guy" as you say in order to inform him that if you can think of it, somebody else has already done it. this is America. honestly scott, i used to think you were just simple, but now i realize that you're just foolish. talk about thinking before you post

now lets all pull out our dicks, measure with out micrometers, and see who can dribble the farthest just for shits
Not only do you still have no idea what you're talking about, you're also resorting to insults to try to make a point. Case in point about ignorance.

I refrained from using any offensiveness or any insults. I used facts and experience. New to this board, yes. New to the electronics world? Fuck no.

Now, because *I* actually have self confidence, I will not go on a rant about you and what many people think of you. I don't need to do that to feel better about myself, or to try to make a point that is not even a valid argument.

My only advice is to act your age, read up stuff, and at least stick to one story:
Hudson_Neon wrote::banghead: there's different ways of accomplishing the same thing. and i'm not doing it cause i've gotten past my stage of wanting to run my own little business over the internet.:
-Scott

akirony
2GN Member

Post by akirony » Wed May 22, 2013 4:14 pm

95srtswap wrote:
Skitlz wrote:Having talked to someone about it, I'm pretty sure Kevin has a clear advantage in this matter.

I definitely like the sound of that. I'm Justin the one always bugging you on FB. Your almost done with the 1GN 3bar right? Not long now I hope.
Have car-have car problems. Have srt4-have speed problems

95srtswap
2GN Member

Post by 95srtswap » Wed May 22, 2013 6:13 pm

akirony wrote:
95srtswap wrote:

I definitely like the sound of that. I'm Justin the one always bugging you on FB. Your almost done with the 1GN 3bar right? Not long now I hope.

Yes the 3bar 1gn is close but not done yet. Hopefully a week away from the DD being done

Lantern04rt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by Lantern04rt » Wed May 29, 2013 11:46 pm

man I have been gone awhile what a great topic to see someone actually working on I look forward to this :rockon:

cook2790
2GN Member

Post by cook2790 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 pm

anymore progress on this? I'm very curious as to when you'll be able to do ngc stuff and more info on the full capabilities
-Cameron

95srtswap
2GN Member

Post by 95srtswap » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:11 pm

cook2790 wrote:anymore progress on this? I'm very curious as to when you'll be able to do ngc stuff and more info on the full capabilities
Yes NGC is possible and I have a mild performance tune done. I just need a test car to dyno tune and get even more gains from

cook2790
2GN Member

Post by cook2790 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:54 pm

questions:

1. How will this compare performance wise and safety wise with megasquirt?

2. If I get one of these pre-tuned ecu's down the road and I upgrade or mod something else afterwards, how would I go about changing the tune on the ecu? and what would that cost?

3. I'm guessing it is safe to assume with this setup all the actual 'tuning' is done on your end so there will be no tweaking needed or even available, correct?
-Cameron

95srtswap
2GN Member

Post by 95srtswap » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 pm

cook2790 wrote:questions:

1. How will this compare performance wise and safety wise with megasquirt?

2. If I get one of these pre-tuned ecu's down the road and I upgrade or mod something else afterwards, how would I go about changing the tune on the ecu? and what would that cost?

3. I'm guessing it is safe to assume with this setup all the actual 'tuning' is done on your end so there will be no tweaking needed or even available, correct?

IMO it's better than MS based on all the adaptive learning the factory programmed into the ecu. For all the DD your ecu will learn the mods and Cost I havent got to yet. The tuning is done on my end not the customers.

Return to “Tuning / MegaSquirt”