Part Number Request - wiper switch connector harness

lisad
n00b

Part Number Request - wiper switch connector harness

Post by lisad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:32 am

Trying to diagnose issues with my wipers as they will not turn off with the switch -- they WILL turn off when you turn off the engine, but then will resume when you turn the car back on. Have to pull fuse to get them to stop. All speeds work except Off, and as I said, even turning the ignition off doesn't break the power as they resume moving as soon as I turn the engine on again. Went to a salvage yard and got a switch, and it's having the same issue. When I opened the steering column to put the new switch in, noticed that the wiper switch harness had cracks, and the headlight switch was melted slightly. I'm not having headlight issues at the moment and the MFS is easier to find the part number. But I cannot find the part number for the wiper switch connector harness. I'm trying that part next!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Part Number Request - wiper switch connector harness

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:00 pm

You would be better cutting the connector from the JY car. It would be part of the entire dash harness.

Also the dash harness is different between '00 and '01/'02, which is different from '03 through '05.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Re: Part Number Request - wiper switch connector harness

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:46 am

I agree with OD, your best bet is to just go to the junkyard and grab the harness from a donor. If you get the correct year, the wiring will be the same colors and it will be an easy cut and splice. While your in there, you might as well grab the headlight switch harness if thats not melted on the junkyard car.
Also, below is a pinout of the 2002 wiper switch connector. I did not catch what year your Neon was but if you need a different year pinout, OD posted this link in another topic that may help you.

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

Pin Information

Cav Circuit Gauge Color Function
1 V5 16 DG/YL WIPER PARK SWITCH SENSE
2 Z2 22 BK/LG GROUND
3 V10 18 BR WASHER PUMP CONTROL SWITCH OUTPUT
4 V6 16 DB FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN-ACC)
5 V4 16 RD/YL WIPER HIGH SPEED OUTPUT
6 V3 16 BR/WT WIPER LOW SPEED OUTPUT
7 -

Return to “PN Electrical”