How-To: fender removal

Gnuserup
2GN Member

How-To: fender removal

Post by Gnuserup » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:59 am

First remove the front bumper, then switch the ignition on and
let your wipers run until they reach 90° to normal and turn the ignition off. Otherwise you won´t reach the screw in the middle of the black fascia

now remove the screws of it (Torx)

and push it a little upward.
Remove the inner fenders.

You can remove the three screws on top of the fender

and now the two in front of the car under the fender

the one at the middle of the a-pillar

and at last the two under the bottom of the a-pillar

The screws all are a little bit different so pay attention to the order from where you removed them.
Here the order looking onto the drivers side fender

SXTwolfe
2GN Member

Post by SXTwolfe » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:17 am

just a really quick question is it possible to remove one of the fenders without removing the bumper? please delete after reply to this thanks...
Everything burns if the flame is hot enough, The world is nothing but a crucible.

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member #103

Gnuserup
2GN Member

Post by Gnuserup » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:59 am

yes - I think this should be possible. But you have to remove the 3 screws which are holding the bumper on the fender

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:17 pm

SXTwolfe wrote: please delete after reply to this thanks...
Sorry, we don't delete post, unless it has a link to something not approved/authorized, or something totally inappropriate. And even at that we will only edit it.

Besides, it was a valid question, that someone else might need the answer to.

And OP is not able to delete them either. only Moderators with that access can. :)
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

SXTwolfe
2GN Member

Post by SXTwolfe » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Gnuserup wrote:yes - I think this should be possible. But you have to remove the 3 screws which are holding the bumper on the fender

i will have to see what happens then. when i did my rear bumper the bolts were so badly rusted that two of them snapped. i still have to remove the rear bumper first and drill them out then install new ones. thank you for taking the time to answer the question. only reason i am asking is because (fingers crossed) my CAI will be in this Saturday and dont really have the ability to get the car off the ground to much and would like if possible to do this with as little deconstruction as possible thank you very much

@occasional Demons..
thank you for your reply as well. didnt know if it would be viewed as spam or not, but now that i know i will remember this. thank you again.
Everything burns if the flame is hot enough, The world is nothing but a crucible.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:51 pm

If you don't have a way to jack the car up, you may be able to get into there by just removing the headlamp assy, which you will need to do anyways to get to those three weld studs. Soak them down with penetrating oil and try to free them up while you are there. If you can get them loose, coat them with anti seize, and reinstall the nuts. If the backing plates are rusted, it wold be a good time to remove and clean them as well as you can, and paint them.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

SXTwolfe
2GN Member

Post by SXTwolfe » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:57 am

i will definately try this when i get it in. currently looking into getting the eyelids for my car as well.

Return to “HT Exterior”