Harness reduction

Is your car throwing codes or are you having a hard time passing your state or county emission test? Ask how to fix it here.
OhNoA2.0
2GN Member

Harness reduction

Post by OhNoA2.0 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:36 pm

I'm looking to make a custom engine bay harness for my boosted 02 R/T, run on MS2 . I want to clean up the engine bay and the wiring mess seems to be a good place to start.

What all can I remove without throwing a CEL? I still have to pass inspection which is already going to suck trying to get around with MS and all. I just want to simplify it.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000094

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:07 am

About the only thing not vital to engine management, would be the purge flow control solenoid under the brake booster. And it will give you a CEL.

There just isn't much that is not needed to run the engine - emissions wise under the hood. A 1gn would be another matter, but they really cleaned things up for the 2gn's in that aspect.

Most of it is in the rear of the car.

Technically, the entire engine management system is emissions equipment.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Emissions”