2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.0 DOHC build idea.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fargo59
2GN Registrant

Post: #31   PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKo wrote:
fargo59 wrote:
honestly i sort of set it aside for a bit. i have the block, and head, etc. was sourcing other stuff. but between drag racing the charger this fall (so close to 10's!) and coming close to buying a dart instead, i really didnt get anywhere on this.

kind of funny that tonight is the first night ive logged in here in a while.

10's in a Charger ?? Shocked It looks like you have accomplished something while you were away !! Very Happy

As for myself - One of my 'project cars' (1998 Neon) sat in the backyard, for 3 (or was that 4?) years, before I finally got around to replacing the engine in the car.
Once I replaced the engine, it became a trouble-free 'daily driver'. It fired up and ran for the first time, in about 4 years !! Like it had never been down. Very Happy

- Nick

lol, yeah my 2007 charger r/t is a wee bit more than 600 horsepower. its a blast to drive. 2 weeks ago i drove 500 miles down to atco NJ, raced for 2 days, drove in to philly for lunch with friends, and drove 500 miles home. no muss no fuss. its trapping at 124mph now, which tells me the 11.2 ET's will be much lower once i replace the driveshaft with something stronger so i can finally hard launch.

the neon has a few options. i noticed a local yard with an R/T neon in a you pick yard. i may just pick the top end off it and do it to the engine in my car as it is. or i may build my own 2.0 DOHC just so i can be difficult/original
NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post: #32   PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fargo59 wrote:

the neon has a few options. i noticed a local yard with an R/T neon in a you pick yard. i may just pick the top end off it and do it to the engine in my car as it is. or i may build my own 2.0 DOHC just so i can be difficult/original

Whichever route you end up taking - I hope you end up 'recovering' that R/T cylinder head. Very Happy We got to save those while we can still find them !!!

- Nick
-2001 Ddg. ES with ATX = UDP and Magnum header...Syked PCM 'pending'.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fargo59
2GN Registrant

Post: #33   PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll do my best! im off to Philly for thanksgiving this week, but maybe next weekend i can get out and get it. if i can, i'll grab it no matter which way i go with my build.
akirony
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #34   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great to hear. I was curious to see where your progress was since I was going that same direction. Kinda bored of the stock untuned 2.0L R/T. I got an 01 2.4l pt head with exhaust mani. I'm hard pressed on the intake aswell as getting the head decked for 10.0CR. Been sitting since labor day trying to gather parts and checking for updates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Naturally Aspirated All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: