2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2001 Neon Racing Seats?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmunn95
n00b

2001 Plymouth Neon LX

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: 2001 Neon Racing Seats? Reply with quote

Has anyone installed eBay racing seats? IF so post some pics and how you did it! I'm thinking about tackling it as a weekend project, but I want to know if its something fun and simple to do! And if its even worth it! Post away Rock ON
FAC3L3SS
2GN Registrant

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be worth it, they'll be crazy uncomfortable.

Otherwise, just buy any seat you'd like, and some Neon-specific brackets and rails. I'm not sure about "fun" but it should be relatively easy.
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Easy" depends on how compatible the seat is with the neon mounting points. And if you have fabbing skills, and a welder. Laughing

I have Concorde electric seats in my 2001, and Crossfire seats in my '99. I wouldn't say either was "easy" . Laughing

But I have to agree 100% with the uncomfortable part.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
FAC3L3SS
2GN Registrant

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
"Easy" depends on how compatible the seat is with the neon mounting points. And if you have fabbing skills, and a welder. Laughing

I have Concorde electric seats in my 2001, and Crossfire seats in my '99. I wouldn't say either was "easy" . Laughing

But I have to agree 100% with the uncomfortable part.

I had a set that I sat on in my bedroom for about 6 months before I finally sold them. They were awful.

If the brackets are close, you can get by with some drilling and heavy hardware. A little welding never hurt!
ragek23
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing really beats the comfort of the SRT seats for the price. Other than that corbeau and other high quality seats witch usually offer aftermarket brackets are the way to go.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Interior All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: