2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uneven Brake Rotor Wear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ducktapetg
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Uneven Brake Rotor Wear Reply with quote

Just replaced my front brakes (brake rotors and pads from autozone) about a month ago and I have noticed that I am having uneven wear on the rotor. Took the wheel and caliper off to check guide pins and those slide nicely. The inner side of the rotor is wearing properly. Any thoughts as to what it could be? I already tried getting another set of pads and they appear as if nothing has changed. This is happening on both front rotors.

2001 r/t
1998 r/t Project Log --> http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=66496
NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather Strange.

This may be a long shot .... But I wonder, if the rotors are properly machined from the factory ?? Think
As in, are they 'flat' ?? Or 'thinner' towards the center of the hub ??

I've never heard of ^ this being a problem before.
I guess the only way to make sure, is to remove the rotors, and measure them for consistent thickness.

Update / Edit:
I suppose that some 'warping' of the brake pads, may have the same effect.. But then, I would think that the pads would eventually wear down enough, to contact the rotor surface evenly.....

- Nick
-2001 Ddg. ES with ATX = UDP and Magnum header...Syked PCM 'pending'.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ducktapetg
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts were that the pads were "bad" after replacing them with another set. The rotors could be uneven but, especially now, it will be hard to measure them.

I may end up replacing the calipers, brake hoses, rotors and pads. I would feel better if they brakes wore evenly and were working 100%. It is just weird as I have never seen this before.

2001 r/t
1998 r/t Project Log --> http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=66496
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: