2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from WV.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zigzagman
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject: Hello from WV. Reply with quote

Hello everyone, glad to be part of the forum. I recently picked up a '00 Plymouth Neon SOHC/ATX base model. This makes my 3rd neon, previously owned an '02 SXT and a '96 base sedan. The '96 had a broken timing belt and lots of bent valves when i got it. So i cut my teeth on rebuilding the top end on that car.

Anyway, my current '00 has 242K miles and rusty WV rocker panels. This weekend it will receive 2 new front wheel bearings, used P/S pump and hopefully some work to the rockers if time allows. Plans for now is to fix all the suspension stuff with new poly bushings and all that. Just tryin to make it a fun DD. Overall the cars in good shape considering the mileage.

Thanks for reading!
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello2 Got any pics?
NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you are on the topic of rebuilding the front end.... Be sure to replace your front End Links !! Exclamation It can make an amazing difference in 'quieting down' the front end.

These are the ones that I ended up going with:
http://www.amazon.com/Moog-K700525-Sway-Bar-Link/dp/B00CE3P86C

It's an 'improved' end link design by Moog, and they are very easy to install. thumbup

- Nick
-2001 Ddg. ES with ATX = UDP and Magnum header...Syked PCM 'pending'.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lgilpin
Fresh Fish

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part of wv do you live in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself! All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: