2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello From PA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snickers412
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Hello From PA Reply with quote

I just want to start off by saying that it is a honor to be apart of this community and that I hope to see that it continues to grow!

A little about myself my name is Kenny i'm from Pittsburgh, pa and i am obsessed with my neon. I was looking for a car when I came back home from basic training. I originally wanted to get a late 80's early 90's IROC-Z Camaro for a toy car, (still looking) but then I was thinking about how I needed something was very easy on gas and would be a decent daily driver that would turn heads. Shocked
I found my neon (still haven't named it yet) on craigslist got $800 with only 71,000 Miles on it original owner was a old lady... talk about getting lucky it hasn't been inspected since last year been busy with working to be able to out take the car to get inspected.

Looking to do some upgrades with the engine, interior and exterior and other things as well. I'm still new to this and would like a lot of assistance from the community. thumbup
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello2
NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello From PA Reply with quote

Snickers412 wrote:
I just want to start off by saying that it is a honor to be apart of this community and that I hope to see that it continues to grow!

A little about myself my name is Kenny i'm from Pittsburgh, pa and i am obsessed with my neon. I was looking for a car when I came back home from basic training. I originally wanted to get a late 80's early 90's IROC-Z Camaro for a toy car, (still looking) but then I was thinking about how I needed something was very easy on gas and would be a decent daily driver that would turn heads. Shocked
I found my neon (still haven't named it yet) on craigslist got $800 with only 71,000 Miles on it original owner was a old lady... talk about getting lucky it hasn't been inspected since last year been busy with working to be able to out take the car to get inspected.

Looking to do some upgrades with the engine, interior and exterior and other things as well. I'm still new to this and would like a lot of assistance from the community. thumbup

Cool !! Welcome to the forum. wave

What year is your Neon ?? Have any pics ??

- Nick
-2001 Ddg. ES with ATX = UDP and Magnum header...Syked PCM 'pending'.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Snickers412
n00b

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello From PA Reply with quote

NickKo wrote:
Snickers412 wrote:

Cool !! Welcome to the forum. wave

What year is your Neon ?? Have any pics ??

- Nick

Here she is a little rough on the exterior keep in mind that it was owned by a old lady and it is a ATX sadly so far I have only done is

-replaced 02 sensors and thermostat
-monroe quick strut suspension
-driver and passenger controls arms
-new brakes all around disc and drums

next will be the timing belt, accessory belt and the serpentine belt.
after will be the sway bar (still deciding on what a good size bar would be for it) ill have to create a wishlist and would appreciate all the help I can get on this!
sidepipe87
boom! roasted!
2009 Silver Contributor

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Pittsburgh and have an 85 Trans Am 5.0 auto with t tops for sale Laughing

welcome!

Oh by the way that car is very low production... It's a Motorsport Edition. Too bad it's missing it's black silverstone wheels
Snickers412
n00b

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidepipe87 wrote:
I'm in Pittsburgh and have an 85 Trans Am 5.0 auto with t tops for sale Laughing

welcome!

Oh by the way that car is very low production... It's a Motorsport Edition. Too bad it's missing it's black silverstone wheels

I wasn't aware of that but its good to know, from what I read about its not that special just rims and a sticker, also i'm waiting when i get back from my deployment to get my camaro.
sidepipe87
boom! roasted!
2009 Silver Contributor

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's "not that special" as far as power adders, nor resale value (it's a neon...) but it is certainly a special vehicle there were only 87 made total and they marked the reentry of Dodge into NASCAR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself! All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: