Dodge/Chrysler News

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Re: Dodge/Chrysler News

Post by theColonel » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:40 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 am
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-rel ... -stack-up/

Kia still overall better cars than Hyundai, regardless of whatever ownership structure you want to go by. I would rather go with Kia's standards.
WTF is a Kia Niro (rated their most reliable) ? … My brother wants to buy a Kia Optima :)
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Fiat Chrysler to Remove Ailing Sergio Marchionne as CEO

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV is preparing for the premature end of the Sergio Marchionne era.

The 66-year-old native of Chieti, Italy, out on medical leave for the past several weeks, won’t return to his CEO roles at the Italian-American automaker or at race car manufacturer Ferrari NV, according to people familiar with the matter. The boards of both companies are preparing to name replacements for him on Saturday, said the people, who asked not to be named discussing confidential matters.

Marchionne’s health condition, which the company hasn’t discussed in detail, speeds up the timeline for a succession decision by early next year that was already seen as a crossroads for the company. Marchionne turned around an ailing Fiat when he took over a more than a decade ago, and he’s been closely tied to the company’s success. Who to run the company is just the first of a number of pivotal choices -- like whether to remain independent -- facing Chairman John Elkann.

Elkann, heir of the founding Agnelli family, has said an internal candidate will replace Marchionne at Fiat Chrysler. Chief Financial Officer Richard Palmer, Europe chief Alfredo Altavilla and the head of the Jeep and Ram brands Mike Manley are the top candidates, according to people familiar with the matter. Meetings took place in Turin on Friday to choose his successor, the people said.

Read more here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -successor

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:17 pm

RALPH FOR CEO!!!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:59 am

Sergio Marchionne, former Ferrari president, FCA chief dead at 66

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/people/grea ... z5MH5kJHGt
05 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:34 pm

Rest in peace, Mr. Sergio. As much as I didn't like all of the buyout talk he kept bringing up, I certainly wish that he could have had his planned retirement later this year.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:24 am

FCA Outsells Ford For First Time in 11 Years

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busin ... 495761002/
05 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:49 am

I'm smiling.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:13 pm

Yeah 1 month due to the compass and wrangler. Its a win, but man... non car people buy some boring cars :? :roll:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:11 am

I would be more impressed if FCA were selling it's own designs in autos and achieved this status rather than their relying on big pickups and warmed-over Daimler-era vehicles.

UPDATED to correct bad grammar.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:03 pm

agreed

Then you got this bad recall on jeep:

Check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... uVH6GRJoAs

According to documents posted to the JL Wrangler Forums, Jeep is readying a recall for an unknown number of 2018 and 2019 model-year Wrangler SUVs. The issue revolves around the track bar mount, which on some vehicles is shearing off where it is welded to the frame. Since some affected vehicles may be unsold on dealer lots, the automaker has issued a corresponding stop sale.

A Jeep spokesperson confirmed to CNET that there have been no reported accidents related to the issue, and Jalopnik reports that Jeep will inspect roughly 18,000 vehicles for the defect, though it believes only around 720 will be affected. As of the time this story was published, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had not yet posted this recall to its website. There have been a total of five recalls for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler, including one for a steering shaft that could separate due to improper welding.

One 2018 Jeep Wrangler owner in North Carolina posted a video to YouTube, seen above, showing track bar mounts that have completely sheared away from the vehicle's frame. These broken welds may cause severe steering degradation and "can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning," according to a dealer notice that was posted to the JL Wrangler Forum. That owner has said Jeep is replacing his Wrangler, but it's not clear if other vehicles are being replaced or repaired.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:25 pm

"... no reported accidents..."- that is the important phrase. FCA is being a "good guy" by voluntarily making a recall before anyone is hurt and without being forced to by the federal government.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:01 am

Looks like it was just tack welded, and the actual welding part got forgotten. Something as serious as that, they are voluntarily recalling/stopping sales to save their a$$es from lawsuits, more than being a "good guy". Given they are failing before a hint of rust has happened, and probably before these hit 5,000 miles.

They know damn well if they let this one go, it would ruin them.

Given Jeep and Ram are their bread and butter, you bet they jumped on it. Without them, they would be done pretty quickly.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:31 pm

New Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/take-ch ... FFE80F3865
05 Dodge SRT-4

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Challenger Drag Pak Wins NHRA Factory Stock Showdown World Championship

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/challen ... 00410757=1
05 Dodge SRT-4

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Was there any doubt?

As usual, they have to handicap the Mopars, because Ford and Chevy can't/won't step up to the plate. They couldn't handle the circles either, back in the day.
Dodge wrote:Step Up, or Step Back
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:54 am

426 Hellephant crate engine packs 1,000 horsepower

https://www.allpar.com/news/2018/10/426 ... 6ODCrODvn8
05 Dodge SRT-4

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:46 am

^That motor is amazing. Sucks it won't be in a prodcution car.

FCA Shareholder Wants To Change Company’s Name To JeepRAM

Other suggestions included selling Maserati and Alfa Romeo.

Owning a publicly traded company means you have shareholders, and shareholders with a large stake can sway how the business operates. Other, weaker shareholders can vote on such decisions, and offer suggestions; however, they often fall on deaf ears. That hasn’t stopped ADW Capital Management LLC, a long-time Fiat Chrysler Automobiles shareholder, from demanding a few changes. ADW sent a letter to FCA’s board earlier this week with some bold proposals, including changing the company’s name to JeepRAM, according to Bloomberg News.
“While Fiat has premium brands which are secularly growing, the strongest balance sheet and highest growth profile of all U.S. carmakers, the company trades at a significant discount to its closest peers, GM and Ford,” ADW Founder Adam Wyden, 34, wrote in the letter obtained by Bloomberg News.
According to the publication, the company’s North American operations generated 97 percent of the company’s profit in the third quarter of this year. The name change to JeepRAM would help the company’s valuation, according to Wyden, reflecting the strongest brands in the company’s portfolio.
Wyden had other suggestions, too. He proposed combining Fiat with another automaker that's focused on Europe. He also suggested spinning off or selling shares of both Maserati and Alfa Romeo. His final suggestion is one that’s been trotted out before – merge with another automaker. Wyden suggested merging with a North American automaker such as GM for cost savings purposes.
If these suggestions sound scary, don’t worry. AWD isn’t among FCA’s top 100 shareholders, according to Bloomberg News. That limits its influence over the board and other shareholders. It doesn’t help that Exor NV holds more than 50 percent of voting rights at FCA, which makes any requests from investors challenging to pass.
Right now, this is nothing more than a company shareholder tossing out some ideas in hopes of raising the company’s value. Fiat didn’t offer Bloomberg a comment on the letter. Instead, the company reiterated its plan remain independent through 2022.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Fiat Chrysler to open new assembly plant in Detroit

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busin ... 8dEep9WOTU
05 Dodge SRT-4

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:52 am

interesting that GM closes a plant and FCA is to open a new one!

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:05 pm

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:36 am

Imagine that.

A flood of cash flowing, and as expected, only a wee bit "trickles down" to the workers.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:53 am

Yeah really pisses me off. I am in the union and I hate how corrupt a lot of them are and not knowing where all my union dues are going. I do work in a "right to work state" But I don't want to be considered a "scab" if I leave the union. talk about having your world turned upside down.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:49 pm

My brother worked where they had to pay into a national union.

When he put in his two weeks notice, unbeknownst to my brother, the company cancelled his health insurance that day, even though they took out the fees for it in his last paycheck.

When he complained to the Union, as he had to go to the ER, due to a dirt bike accident, the Union told him since he was quitting, they couldn't do anything for him. They were more than happy to take his money all those years though.

The company ended up paying all his bills in full, as they didn't even mention COBRA. It was the hospital that went to bat for him, and not the Union.

The non union employer he was going to, that he worked for zero days, held his job for 6 months, and paid him 80% of 6 months retro pay when he was able to return to work.

Needles to say, we don't have much use for unions.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:25 am

OD,
I completely understand what your talking about when it comes to "Unions". Some are good and others are bad....
I was a member of a local UAW for years....
But when I found out I couldn't get a pay raise or work another position without the unions approval I started asking questions and looking into things. My co-workers were paying more and more in Union dues but getting less and less from the Union while our rep was benefiting from the higher union dues my coworkers were paying.
I ended up getting so involved that I ended up being the main person to control getting the union voted out from my coworkers and everything worked out better for everyone as once the union was officially gone, coworkers got to sit down finally with the owner of the business and work out a one on one pay basis with benefits without having to have the "Union" aprove of it.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:32 pm

Fiat Chrysler Reportedly Settling Emissions Cheating Claims, Paying $650 Million

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2583 ... WKwmilZ_1o
05 Dodge SRT-4

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:34 am

:)
Season 3 of the Gran Tour is getting released soon, and now they have an interactive game available for download for the PS4 and Xbox for only $14.99.
https://youtu.be/-7USlC956z8

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:16 pm

The game sucks I heard. But I got 30 free days of Amazon Prime so I watched the first 3 episodes of the 3rd season of the Grand tour. Love it!

Not sure how much truth is to this. But love the speculation LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb3AvjCctDY&t=

Dodge Angel

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:45 am

The games ok, but for $15 I can't complain. You drive the vehicles they do in the episode during watching the episode in the game. To bad season 1 and season 2 does not have the complete episodes, you apparently only get season 3 game episodes as the episodes are released.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Layoffs at Fiat Chrysler plant in Windsor will affect 1,500 jobs

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/ ... Kiv9R0TN2k
05 Dodge SRT-4

BlackRoseRacing

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:26 am

I didn't look any deeper into this, but is it possible that Chrysler's shutting down the Canadian plant to bring more jobs back to the USA?

Return to “Off-Topic”