MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Re: MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 am

Wow got another tune from my tuner. Just added timing. Car pulls a bit harder now. AFR's are spot on around 11.4 to 11.5. Me likey!

It just so happened I came across a white Focus RS before doing my first pull on this revision haha! So of course he wanted to play as did I. Just a heads up this is a dead portion of the interstate outside of town since I live in a rural area so it was perfect with no traffic. Got up next to him around 65 and I honked it off. Immediteley pulled on him, Had about 3-4 car lengths by the top of 3rd. Shut down a little bit in 4th gear. He drove by me and gave me a thumbs up, seemed super surprised. These lightweight FWD cars are monsters from a roll.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:45 pm

So how'd that professional fender rolling go? I've been curious to see the results.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:41 am

It could of been worse haha. I figured it was going to happen. No guarantee that it wouldn't crack but it did. But of course I didn't get that disclaimer until after it was done. Not mad since I figured it was going to happen. Really not that bad. But no more rubbing to my knowledge. I will get pictures tomorrow.

Drove it to work a couple days in a row and today to a couple car shows and got all the grocery shopping done. Car seems to run fine. About to hit 18k miles.

Had to revert back to the lower timing tune due to too much KR on the tune where I raced that RS.

Thinking about going e85. Just seems like a waste as of now to do it so soon. Spent so much time getting this tune dialed in on my current setup, to have to start all over with bigger injectors and another $400+ for a tune. I know it would be worth it though with the power increase and not having to worry about KR. Loved it on my silver car.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Late on the pictures. Don't like showing some of the only imperfections of the car

Drivers side

Passenger side
I just used touch up paint, that was from bottoming out bad. As you can see it tore up the tire pretty bad over the course of not having it rolled. Regret not going with the shorter/not as wide of a tire.
Racking up the miles lol

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

CharmfulPeace
2GN Member

Post by CharmfulPeace » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Still a really beautiful looking Dodge, though!
Got an '02 Chrysler Neon myself, but I think I'll grab some inspiration from your SRT.
(I love the good ol' Chrysler emblem on the front instead of Dodge :lol: )

Now to look through the rest of the pages... Shame to have some of the progress posted lost, but what is here I will definitely be looking through! :P
2002 Chrysler Neon LE
1992 Honda Accord (Sold)
2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL (Sitting)
1992 Plymouth Acclaim (Sold)

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:21 am

At least you aren't rubbing anymore. I can still get mine to rub if I push it.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 am

Only 18k miles. Wow. Super clean.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 am

CharmfulPeace wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 pm
Still a really beautiful looking Dodge, though!
Got an '02 Chrysler Neon myself, but I think I'll grab some inspiration from your SRT.
(I love the good ol' Chrysler emblem on the front instead of Dodge :lol: )

Now to look through the rest of the pages... Shame to have some of the progress posted lost, but what is here I will definitely be looking through! :P
Yeah, never was a fan of the Ram head emblem. Reminds me of their trucks. Don't want a visible association with a truck of all things.

There was a ton of progress and it was fun to look back on. But it is all gone now. :|
At least you aren't rubbing anymore. I can still get mine to rub if I push it.
Nope, it still does when I corner hard. Lol. Regret going with a 235/45.
Only 18k miles. Wow. Super clean.
thanks bro

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:08 am

Somewhat curent pictures I just put on IMGUR :D

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Shiny-shiny. =D>
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Hey guys been a while since I updated. Not much as happened to the Neon. I got a car cover for it when it sits in the garage and I don't plan on driving it for a while. Helps out! Tough not to drive it when I see it haha. I painted to match the foglamp bezels. I got a new set so I can swap out to the black ones if I don't like it. But so far I like them in white better. I need to redo them though. Plan on doing the side markers in white too since I think they don't look good since everything is white or black on the car. Then you see the ORANGE just sticking there on the side. Kind of like when guys put a CF gas cap cover on their non black car. It just looks out of place, you don't want to draw atention to that area of the car. Just a rant and my opinion. :mrgreen:

I had the car on the dyno FINALLY. Just to see where I am at. Surprised with the results. 22-23psi. 93 octane. 380whp/384wtq. First two runs, the car was HOT I just drove for 1 hour to get there and he threw it on the dyno almost immediately with no fan. Let it sit for 20 mintues after the first two back to back pulls. And I asked another shop worker if we could put the fan on it. The operator just shrugged and said, "ok" Must of been pissed about something, who knows.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Good numbers!

I totally agree with the CF gas cap rant. I have no idea why anyone wants a black/CF/chrome polka dot on the side of their car. It's not a performance part. Leave it alone.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:52 pm

JeremyJ wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 pm
It's not a performance part. Leave it alone.
LOL, the same could be said for side markers.

:lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:30 am

Painted and cleared the side markers. They came out perfect. No more EYE SORE of ORANGE on the side of my white car with white wheels :readrules: :love10:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:43 am

I think clear side markers, with a translucent pearl coat would look decent on the white, while still being functional.

If I were to paint them like that, I would just shave them, and be done with it. To me it looks cheap. White is a bitch, because it shows all the shadows.

But that's just me.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:08 am

occasional demons wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:52 pm
JeremyJ wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 pm
It's not a performance part. Leave it alone.
LOL, the same could be said for side markers.

I paint them so they blend in, which is the opposite of slapping a sheet of carbon on a fuel door. I don't like random stuff to stand out like that. Smooth is better.

White side markers FTW.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:07 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:43 am
I think clear side markers, with a translucent pearl coat would look decent on the white, while still being functional.

If I were to paint them like that, I would just shave them, and be done with it. To me it looks cheap. White is a bitch, because it shows all the shadows.

But that's just me.
Mine are still functional. Bright LED in there. Shaving them would be the way to go. But I think that would cost a pretty penny?
Not sure on the clear sidemarker look on a white car. But it would be better then black perhaps in my opinion.

Oh another picture I took of my two babies and another view of it from farther away
Mind our crappy lawn.

Jeremy, very nice! Was that your old ACR?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:27 pm

The orange creamsicle effect... :P
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 am

Would this be too much? https://shop.tfbdesigns.com/Rim-Lip-Dec ... ductId=445 I had this bookmarked on my PC for a while now. Tossing aorund the idea of getting these decals for mine. But I am not sure it would look good or what color to get. Maybe red or a light gray/silver? I had a guy ask me if they were "Real RPF1's" I told him they were. I am guessing he asked since they dont have a decal usually on them in 2 places like they usually do stock. I don't have the weird looking OEM center caps. Color I was considering would be red for the decals stripes. The RPF1's are a boring looking wheel and this might help spruce them up? Just owuld like to hear other peoples opinions if that stripe would look good on white rpf1s.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:44 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:07 pm
Yes. It was my baby. Then I had a baby and I wanted to buy a house, so I sold it. That was eight years ago.

I like the stickers. I was looking at the same ones for my RPF1s. Before I PlastiDipped them, I was going to paint mine grey and put dark red decals on them. I like the idea of red stickers, but I think they look a little cheesy on white wheels. Silver wouldn't match much on your car, but they'd look more subtle. Maybe just put red Enkei decals on them and skip the stripes.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:01 am

Your sidemarkers are great the way they are IMO. I normally don't like messing with the stock look of sidemarkers but yours "disappear" into your car when not being used. Very nice!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:27 am

JeremyJ wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:44 pm
MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:07 pm
Yes. It was my baby. Then I had a baby and I wanted to buy a house, so I sold it. That was eight years ago.

I like the stickers. I was looking at the same ones for my RPF1s. Before I PlastiDipped them, I was going to paint mine grey and put dark red decals on them. I like the idea of red stickers, but I think they look a little cheesy on white wheels. Silver wouldn't match much on your car, but they'd look more subtle. Maybe just put red Enkei decals on them and skip the stripes.
I see, priorities change.
Yeah I am still debating to do it or not. I think I will pass on the stripes. I found the Enkei decals really cheap in any color
https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Enkei-Logo-V ... 3254602818 $7 shipped for all 8. I went with red. Looking into getting new lugs too
Your sidemarkers are great the way they are IMO. I normally don't like messing with the stock look of sidemarkers but yours "disappear" into your car when not being used. Very nice!
Thanks! Actually surprised knowing you are "Mr. OEM" appreciate the + feedback. Yeah thats how I feel. So happy I painted to match them cleans up the front end.

I ended up running half a can of "Race Gas" I bought. Raises octane up to 105.
https://www.maperformance.com/products/ ... SoQAvD_BwE
I just wanted to test it out before the 2nd weekend in October when I do a little roadcourse event called Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival. I did that event last year in the Neon. I just don't want to get any knock retard after prolonged high RPM wot pulls. So it will be a safety measure to get my 93 octane up to around 97. It really does smell like race gas too when its burned. :)

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:22 am

Did a couple things to the neon. Re did my foglamp bezels. I was okay with how they came out last time, but one didn't come out too well. So I sanded them down this time and re-applied the PW1 and then clear. Very happy with how they turned out.

Also I talked about getting red enkei decals. I put those on too. Like the little subtle flare they add to the wheels.
Thinking about getting closed end lug nuts. Thsee light open ones currently on the car came with the car. Don't like how I get surface rust on the end of my stud.

Since I have black housing headlamps I was thinking about getting black housing foglamps. A local had them on his EB SRT-4 and I thought they looked great. I believe these are them:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-03-05-DODG ... 6030!US!-1

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:34 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:22 am
Don't like how I get surface rust on the end of my stud.
I hate that!

IMHO open end nuts are only good when they have a hub cap over them. Even then I prefer closed ones to prevent corrosion.

I have lubed the threads on my lug nuts since I started driving back in 1982, and have yet to have had a wheel come off. I usually pack some grease into the end of the lug cap, just incase I ever need to use the heat wrench, there will be hot lubricant pushing out to aid in it's removal.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:29 pm

Yeah I will get some closed ones at some point. Not really a priority.

Got a track event next Saturday so I am going to firm up the front end my adjusting the dampening a bit to maybe help with rubbing. I need to recalibrate my wideband 02 sensor for my Innovate. Need to raise the drivers side just a tad to match passenger side. Literally mm's. Going to use the other half can of my Race Gas fuel concentrate to get my octane to around 97 so I don't have to worry about any knock retard, even though I don't get any on 93. Just a precaution.

I scored a set of USED discontinued 5zigen Pro Racer GNT wheels as an impulse buy 17x7.5 et 35. 5x100/114.3. So I can run them on my TL or Neon. Was a bit disappointed and my dumbass did not try to get them even cheaper. They were listed as MINT CONDITION with new tires. He said he only put 15 miles on them. Well the tires have good tread, but they are from 2005! Hankook RS2's. And the wheels had a couple chips of the bronze coming off on the face. Nothing too bad. But I was pretty upset and should of got them even cheaper. But I am okay for what I paid since they retail for $390 each without tires.

Hit a unique number, Just for personal logging to see how many miles I put on it.

Random shots on a sunny day. Stone white sure is bright when the sun hits it direct on. Drove it to work a couple days in a row since there was a TON of rain in the forecast later on.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Guy at a car show a month or so ago with a blue srt-4 had these black housing fog lamps, I thought they looked killer. Nothing wrong with mine, but I think the black housing smoked look will look great with my headlamps. $40 shipped for a set isn't bad either!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-03-05-DODG ... 6030!US!-1

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 pm

But doesn't that cut the visibility of the fog lights? I like fog lights since they illuminate the road better for me while not blinding oncoming drivers.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 am

It will cut the lumens a bit, but probably not drastically. It's not like they are so dark you can't see the bulbs when off. But yes, ultimately it will reduce light output. Even those blue colored bulbs that they sell for big $$ that are supposed to make it better to see, have reduced light output from the blue coating. Any coloring of a bulb's/lense's glass/plastic lowers the lumen output.

I think it was Hella, that used a black object in the housing, that when looking at the light assy, made the reflector appear black, but had zero impact on light output. A much better approach, but probably not going to happen for under $80.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:36 am

occasional demons wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 am
I think it was Hella, that used a black object in the housing, that when looking at the light assy, made the reflector appear black, but had zero impact on light output. A much better approach, but probably not going to happen for under $80.
Hella Black Magic lights. I have a set on my Jeep. They look mean as hell.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:39 pm

I didn't mean to rain on your parade- upgrade if you like the looks. :thumbright:

Return to “Progress/Project Log”