2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raceland Ultimos!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I love my neon
Because Racecar
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Raceland Ultimos! Reply with quote

So I know there is a thread on Racelands already, but I am just wondering more about things I have not seen.

I am aware you need to use your factory top hats.

My question is for those who HAVE already installed these, do you have to use NEW top hats? Or what is the issue with using used top hats that were already on the vehicle?

Also is there anyone on here that used the Racelands and has any pictures of them being fully lowered/turned down on the coilover?

What size wheels were you running? (Like with installing SRT4 Struts are we able to install 17inch wheels after installing these)

If anyone could help it would be appreciated I should have these in the next two weeks.
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the current top hats are ok, I can't see why you couldn't re use them. The only risk is they may fail sooner than new, because they already have "X" amount of miles vs zero miles a new set have.

You could fill the rear mounts, to help prevent them from developing the rattle most of them get, even with stock struts.

I believe these have been used as substitutes for the oem mounts by a member on this site:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380425565203?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380513275786?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Some obvious modification was needed to make them work with a 2gn.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
I love my neon
Because Racecar
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! thanks for the reply I just wanted to be sure i had everything ready for them once they arrive.
Neon4Life
Manny
2009 Silver Contributor

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Raceland Ultimos! Reply with quote

My question is for those who HAVE already installed these, do you have to use NEW top hats? Or what is the issue with using used top hats that were already on the vehicle?

The reason people advise to use new tophats is because most people already have bad top hats so its easier to just replace them while installing the Racelands. Also if you reuse your old ones well what if they end up going bad in a month then u have to take it back apart and deal with it again. so its kind of like a do it correct the first time type deal.

Also is there anyone on here that used the Racelands and has any pictures of them being fully lowered/turned down on the coilover?

cant really compare pictures from someone else because everyones setup is different and wheel sizes make a difference in height etc. that being sad most people take out the helper springs on them racelands to get it lower. when I say most I mean like 99% of people.

What size wheels were you running? (Like with installing SRT4 Struts are we able to install 17inch wheels after installing these)

you also have to be careful with specific wheels, some don't work with racelands and some do because of how the racelands are made, they aren't like a real coilover where you can run just about any type of wheel and offset etc.

I answered in the bold black lettering.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048
05MoparSRT4
#NYR #keepcally
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better off just getting new top hats. The whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it" doesn't really work well with these cars I've noticed. IF you have all 4 top hats and racelands you'll be fine instead of putting racelands on used tophats and getting noises x months/miles down the road.

I have pictures but I can't post them on here for whatever reason, my rear ones are completely maxed out no rubbing or anything which goes into "what size wheels were you running" I'm on 17's 215/50/17 and I rub on the front, I even cut down the metal pinchwell in there and still rub
Because Racecar
2GN Registrant

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies! That will help I believe one of my top hat bushings is already bad anyways I will just go with the stock ones to replace instead of aftermarket. Only question on wheel fitment was I just wanted to be sure my wheels I currently Have will not be an issue once lowered. I do not know the offset, but They are BBS 15X 6.5 with ET43. wheels originally came stock on the MK3 Jetta GLX VR6, and some GTI VR6 cars in '94-'95. Tires I BELIEVE are 185/60/15? But I would ave to check again.

Plan is to install the Ultimos and have them as low as they go.

Lastly what are the spring helpers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: