2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carbon Fiber Hoods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
05MoparSRT4
#NYR #keepcally
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Carbon Fiber Hoods Reply with quote

I've had mix reviews, certain CF Hoods say it requires/suggests hood pins and others don't. Carbonetics says it requires hood pins, CBD says nothing, Special Carbon Fiber doesn't say anything and Seibon requires/suggests it. Reviews? My hood is unrepairable which sucks and I can't find a new one. From a dealer it's 1700 + Tax
Because Racecar
2GN Registrant

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a latching Carbon Fiber Vented hood that I absolutely love I purchased it from NeonRXT ( i wish i could remember the brand offhand) I have had no issues what so ever with the standard latch, although I do need to re clear coat it.

I did have a Seibon CF hood on one of my old Honda civics and ran in to trouble with it's hood latch and actually had to resort to going to hood pins on it because It was beginning to stress fracture on the latch points before I installed the pins.

As far as if you do go with Hood Pins I strongly recommend the MR. Gasket Pins. I have used these on 3 Different vehicles and they hold up extremely well and were very easy to install. (And they are very cheap I get mine from Autozone 19.99-29.99)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Exterior All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: