2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatic Shift Knob

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizey93
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Automatic Shift Knob Reply with quote

I did a little digging but couldnt find anything specific...does anyone have a way to make a standard trans shift knob work on the Neon automatic shifter? I want to put a t-handle on it, but I cant figure out how to make it snug yet at the same time be able to be pushed down to select gears.

Thanks!
Blivitt02
2GN Registrant

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizey, do you have your heart set on a t-handle type? If not, i'm pretty sure you can make a PT cruiser ball type shifter work in your car...

Lizey93
n00b

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty set on the t-handle, but anythings better than the factory knob
I love my neon
Because Racecar
2GN Registrant

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone has done this before Would like to see how they did it i would be interested in this also.
NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic Shift Knob Reply with quote

Lizey93 wrote:
I did a little digging but couldnt find anything specific...does anyone have a way to make a standard trans shift knob work on the Neon automatic shifter? I want to put a t-handle on it, but I cant figure out how to make it snug yet at the same time be able to be pushed down to select gears.

Thanks!

What model year, is your Neon ??

If it is a 2002-2005..... You should be able to use the PT Cruiser ATX shifter pictured above .
(I have not tried this myself, but I think it would work.)

For the older 2000-2001 model years, you may be able to switch to a 1st gen Neon shifter handle.
( Disclaimer: I have not tried this myself, so I don't know if it will work, or what the level of difficulty is.)
The 1st gen Neon ATX shifters, are not a real 'T-handle' like an early 70's MoPar; but they do have the shifter button located on the driver's side... so they are 'kinda' like a T-Handle.

I have a couple of 1st gen ATX shifter assemblies out in the garage.
I should try them out and see if they can work on the 2001 ATX. Smile

- Nick
-2001 Ddg. ES with ATX = UDP and Magnum header...Syked PCM 'pending'.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
robertwilk1991
yea v8s are nice but
2GN Registrant

2000 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b&m floor shifter, might need a drill but put center console on top, prob will need a plate at botton to raise it. summit got the b&m
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Interior All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: