2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I keep the check engine light off?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerwaltz26
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: How do I keep the check engine light off? Reply with quote

I have an 02 es and it has codes for emissions and low voltage on o2 sensor 1-2. both of these are caused by modifications and I want to know if there is a way to keep them from turning on my engine light, without pulling the bulb.
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without proper o2 sensor input there is no way to keep it from setting a code/turning on the CEL. Sensor 2, there is the spark plug non fouler trick, which is hit and miss, but sensor 1, there is no work around. It is a major parameter for air fuel ratios.

Unless you are running a piggyback engine management, you will have issues with a poor 1/1 o2 sensor input. Not sure why you would need to defeat the 1/1, and still use the factory PCM.

Even aftermarket engine management uses the upstream o2.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Engine All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: