Hiya everyone!

Welcome to 2GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
pancakepuppy
n00b

Hiya everyone!

Post by pancakepuppy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:32 am

I'm here for the commiseration with my fellow 2G Neon drivers :D

I drive a somewhat rough 2003 SXT I bought a couple years ago. She's not great to look at, but after replacing the cylinder head (burnt exhaust valve in cyl 1 causing major misfire) and a bunch of other bits, it finally passes all the emissions monitors and throws no codes! 8)

Been spending a lot of time on the factory service manual and the NGC student workbooks, and my next Neon endeavors will be an under-seat subwoofer and (probably more of a winter project) a digital instrument cluster with diagnostic capabilities.

Glad to be here and hope to learn some tribal knowledge.
2003 SXT (5-sp, Solar Yellow, Power Sunroof, Cruise, Sport Appearance group) + cheap eBay catback
To-Do list: Heater core, clutch, make front fascia and rear bumper cover prettier
Electronics guy/occasional mechanic
Where's your LeBaron, Freddy?

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Re: Hiya everyone!

Post by JeremyJ » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 pm

Welcome.

Please explain this digital cluster idea. You know the factory cluster will already read out your engine codes, right?
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

pancakepuppy
n00b

Post by pancakepuppy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Yes, I know about the key dance for getting codes out. I'd also like to be able to view some of the internal data (LTFT bins, purge adaptive, O2 goal)

DRB-III stuff basically. The answer to "why" is just "because I think I probably can." Having a color screen in the instrument cluster capable of switching over to a backup camera would also be super cool. I've got lots of ideas bouncing around in my head.
2003 SXT (5-sp, Solar Yellow, Power Sunroof, Cruise, Sport Appearance group) + cheap eBay catback
To-Do list: Heater core, clutch, make front fascia and rear bumper cover prettier
Electronics guy/occasional mechanic
Where's your LeBaron, Freddy?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 pm

pancakepuppy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:31 pm
The answer to "why" is "because Electronics Guy."
Fixed it. And Welcome!
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:14 am

Welcome to the group, great place here for we Neon people! Enjoy the site!

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”