MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:50 pm

That also adds to the dilema: If you buy a PVO trunk lid, and it gets damaged in an accident, it might not be replaceable. :/
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:21 am

HEAVEN FORBID that you even dare think(much less PRINT) that about this happening!! ;)

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:06 am

I have been rear ended far to often, so to me it is just a matter of when, not if. My 2001 got rear ended at last 6 times.

The best part: The Certifit $50 rear fascia is still intact, I thought it got tore on the last one, but when I pulled it off before I scrapped the shell, it was just how the paint looked, it is still in perfect shape. The Mopar fascia was done after the first one, which was a pretty mild hit. Hence why I have a Certifit.

Either that, or that fascia has a bit of Christine in it. :shock:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:38 am

04rebel wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:56 pm
WOW! those rear lights look SOOOO GOOOOD on your ride! ENJOY it well when good weather comes around there!
Thanks. Yeah every time I open the garage I get another look at them. I do like them. I hate they are aftermarket though and kind of look cheap. They do tie in with the CF though very well like Jeremy said. When it warms up I plan on going all red on the factory tails. I kind of want to do it on another set of OEM tails since my OEM tails are pristine. As long as that VHT red can come off without damaging the tail light. Weather has been crap. Potholes everywhere and salt everywhere due to snow. So not driving it for a while. But I want to. Spring cannot come soon enough! I miss driving a stick shift!
I think it's cool they weighed it, and didn't just usher you on your way.
No no no HAHA. The weight station was closed. They kept the scale on though. Sometimes it is off. But it was illuminated, so I went off the interstate to the weight station and casually drove on the scale. Saw the weight then drove off! :lol:
t might look more in place if it didn't have the cutout for the third brake light.

Modern sells a trunk lid that has it all molded in, but that is significantly more coin. It would not have the contrast, because the entire trunk lid is CF. But it could be painted, leaving the CF showing where you wanted it, making the third brake light area flow better. But again, much more co$t.

I am not sure I want to do the Hammerhead spoiler again on mine, or just go with the cleaner look of no spoiler, or a PVO type spoiler. If I went PVO, it would be the one piece lid, but man, it is a lot of $$$.

The bitch is one can't wait too long to decide, as the market for neon related stuff isn't going to last forever.
That is true never thought of that. Would look better if it didn't have that cutout I agree. Or if it just went over the brake light straight across. A portion would still light up and be legal.
Yes I thought about getting the CBD CF trunk with PVO integrated seriously...But it is close to $1k shipped. Hard pill to swallow for a trunk. But I might pull the trigger. I can sell my CBD PVO spoiler to offset the cost. But not sure yet. That is quite a bit of money. At one point I wanted to get the PVO in fiberglass and paint to match. But the price difference was only like $80 or so. So I went the CF route. The biggest critic of my car is myself. I toss around so many ideas it is crazy. I don't want to drift off from the clean look into a rice-tastic look. True about Neon stuff going away. Who knows when the CF trunk with PVO will be gone? I see some parts starting to disappear and they are worth quite a bit more now....
Not only that, but Carbon By Design (who makes the trunklids) doesn't do automotive parts anymore. They kept a few molds around for Modern Performance because they sold so much of their stuff. I don't see that lasting very long, honestly.
Yeah CBD is doing strictly aerospace stuff now and sold their molds to someone quite a while back. My guess is 3-4 years ago or maybe more. Would have to contact MPX to find out....CBD is top quality.
I have been rear ended far to often, so to me it is just a matter of when, not if. My 2001 got rear ended at last 6 times.

The best part: The Certifit $50 rear fascia is still intact, I thought it got tore on the last one, but when I pulled it off before I scrapped the shell, it was just how the paint looked, it is still in perfect shape. The Mopar fascia was done after the first one, which was a pretty mild hit. Hence why I have a Certifit.

Either that, or that fascia has a bit of Christine in it
6 times!? Crazy! Must have a lot of city driving???? I have never been rear ended. *knock on wood* Yeah that would suck so much ass to have that PVO CF trunk and get rear ended and it being discontinued. Luckily I don't drive that car that much, so the chances of that happening are slim. *knocks on wood again*

Not car related:
My PC crashed after 13 years. Picked up a new desktop setup with Windows 10. $$$ Loving it so far! Needed an upgrade.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Got up to 70 degrees out in Kansas on Super Bowl Sunday! And the Kansas City Chiefs won! Been 50 years since they won one. Was a great game. Not much of a sports fan, but it is pretty rad they won. Any who.. I took the Neon out and went on a cruise. Just to get the fluids going and charge that small battery up. Car seemed to run great. Found a little deserted bank/pharmacy so I took some pictures with my phone. Wanted to get an idea what it looks like with the tail lights outside. Haven't washed the car for months so it is not the cleanest. You also get to see my custom plates I ordered haha. Just waiting for them in the mail. I also ordered a new part. Switching something up. :) It was something that was on the car originally and has irked me a bit. Wanted an upgrade. Should be coming this week in the mail. Here are the current pictures of the car as it sits now on the 16'' ACR BBS wheels.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Yes, it was a great game and win for the Chiefs! Don't forget it was also Groundhog Day, and of the three "prognosticators that I know of, I heard report from two of them of an EARLY SPRING! Yesterday was not great weather here, but today I'm seeing near 50*f, and a lot of snow melt off...BUT I always figure getting snows right up to Easter anyway!
Your ride looks FANTASTIC! I wish I could find one that looked half as good for MYSELF to "play with"! The Journey is being worked on for it's main problem, of trans solenoid and valve body troubles. When my friend is happy with it, then we go down to actual $$$, our Neon is doing well mechanically but the body outer edges are getting pretty bad looking....and I HATE bodywork!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:18 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:07 pm
. Here are the current pictures of the car as it sits now on the 16'' ACR BBS wheels.
Got to love the BBS wheels.

There is a nice BNIB set on eBay right now....

Out of my price range ATM.

It made it to 62ºF here today. Too bad I had to waste the day at work.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:20 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:18 pm
MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:07 pm
. Here are the current pictures of the car as it sits now on the 16'' ACR BBS wheels.
Got to love the BBS wheels.

There is a nice BNIB set on eBay right now....

Out of my price range ATM.

It made it to 62ºF here today. Too bad I had to waste the day at work.
Bummer about work. :( Well its back to 20 degrees with the windchill. Supposed to snow too. Crazy how the temp can swing so much out here. Mother nature just playing a game with us.
Wow, $2k for new BBS ACR wheels. Crazy. I paid $450 for mine with tires. And they are in very very good shape. Minimal dings and no curb rash. I can seem them going up in value though, that is why I plan on holding onto mine for a while...They are a very nicely designed wheel. Love them.
04rebel wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:59 pm
Yes, it was a great game and win for the Chiefs! Don't forget it was also Groundhog Day, and of the three "prognosticators that I know of, I heard report from two of them of an EARLY SPRING! Yesterday was not great weather here, but today I'm seeing near 50*f, and a lot of snow melt off...BUT I always figure getting snows right up to Easter anyway!
Your ride looks FANTASTIC! I wish I could find one that looked half as good for MYSELF to "play with"! The Journey is being worked on for it's main problem, of trans solenoid and valve body troubles. When my friend is happy with it, then we go down to actual $$$, our Neon is doing well mechanically but the body outer edges are getting pretty bad looking....and I HATE bodywork!
thanks and sorry about your Journey. :( Chrysler products seem to be notorious for trans problems.

Got my new plate in the mail:
Luckily my Mopar frame will cover that stupid "Powering the Future" crap. I put black duct tape on the back of the plate edgest so it wouldn't hurt my CF plate bezel. I also had to grind my new plate down on the top so it would fit due to the CF bezel thing. Its on the car now. So far I have not seen any cars out in Kansas with the new style customized plate. Really like the white letters.

Well I took the aftermarket tail lights off and put them up for sale. I also took the Caliber SRT-4 badge off. I have the PVO spoiler up for sale too. But won't take it off unless I have a buyer.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:58 pm

If I lived closer, I'd be hitting you up for that spoiler.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:17 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:20 pm

thanks and sorry about your Journey. :( Chrysler products seem to be notorious for trans problems.

Oh NO, That is how we are going to get the Journey...once the trans problem is fixed. My friend got it pretty cheap with the problem, either minor solenoid pack fix or putting another trannie into it(he already has a good used unit in case)...and that will determine the price we pay for the Journey.
Out here a MOPAR dealer and independent Used car places still want upwards of $10k for something like this. Says top end around $4.5k "all in", Then I have sales tax(can be worked around) and registering to do. Different class of ride from the Neons plates so a bit more money there.

Fixed your quote - OD

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:20 pm

04rebel wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:17 pm
Different class of ride from the Neons plates so a bit more money there.
Thankfully Ohio only charges differently between car, truck and commercial passenger type vehicles. You can list your full size SUV as a station wagon, and get the regular car rates. They don't base the yearly registration on vehicle value.

The rub is, if you toss the back seats, in a car, you must plate it as a truck, since you cannot put passengers back there, legally. But yet with an extended cab, you can put passengers behind the driver, but still must have truck plates.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Was going to wait to post installed pictures. But since I got to wait on a threaded IAT sensor due to bad quality control with SDK thought I would show what I bought.
^New
Old^

I didn't even realize I had a Raptor BOV on the car. Can't even find them anymore. The pressure plate is Turbonetics (discontinued) The part fit perfect and seemed to work fine. I just always wanted a made in USA ,Tial BOV for my car. So I ordered a new setup from SDKmotorsports. Guy sells a lot of SRT-4 items and is pretty well known in the SRT-4 community on social media. So I received it and installed it. Of course I did a boost leak test after install and it was leaking boost out of the threaded sensor! I find it funny since the old style like my Turbonetics setup has the rubber grommet for the IAT sensor and it never leaked boost during a boost leak test. So I unscrewed the sensor. (It came screwed in when I bought it new) and low and behold check this out after I cleaned up the Teflon tape they had on there:
Its missing threads! "*facepalm*
So the owner is sending me out a new sensor and a return label for me to send out the old one. Not a fan of the vband style on how to attach it either.
A little o-ring that likes to come off on the pipe as you put the BOV over it with the vband clamp. I put it all back together and everything torqued to spec. The banjo bolt was torqued to 150 inch lbs and the clamp bolt was just 8 NM.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:01 pm

I guess whoever teflon taped it had would hoped it would seal. Makes you wonder if it was an "open box" return. As in someone installed it, then decided to return it.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Yeah I believe it was. Good point. It had random scratches on it and as you can see the damage on the inside where the oring is. Luckily that is on the inside and won't affect seal pressure. Still sucks its there. (More complaining) I was upset that the pipe came separate from the BOV. I originally just received the pipe and freaked out. I was expecting to get it all as one ready to go. Then he told me he had to order the Tial with the 10lb spring. Which I wasn't originally told after I paid and didn't know until I received the pipe. I ended up getting the Tial a couple days later but I wasn't expecting that. Would of been nice to know prior to ordering.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:47 pm

It's sadly an example of how the people across the pond got a foothold in the USA market. Some businesses still haven't learned from the automaker's and other USA manufacturer's mistakes of poor customer relations/communication.

Most times stuff I've had an issue, or even sometimes before I receive it with from imported sellers, they bend over backwards to make sure you are happy.

While I wasn't initially happy with that cluster I bought, they were more than accommodating to make it right after I contacted them. That's how a business should be run. The pics they posted were of a filthy dirty cluster, so that part was to be expected.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:18 pm

04rebel wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:17 pm
MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Oh NO, That is how we are going to get the Journey...once the trans problem is fixed. My friend got it pretty cheap with the problem, either minor solenoid pack fix or putting another trannie into it(he already has a good used unit in case)...and that will determine the price we pay for the Journey.
Out here a MOPAR dealer and independent Used car places still want upwards of $10k for something like this. Says top end around $4.5k "all in", Then I have sales tax(can be worked around) and registering to do. Different class of ride from the Neons plates so a bit more money there.

Fixed your quote - OD
UPDATE: the Journey only needed 2 solenoids in the trans.My friend set sale price at %4k and will do some other maint on the car(like front ball joints and other "minor" needs). Will be on the road in April, Any interest in some base 04(2.0) parts? Mechanically great and front subframe GOOD, too bad lower doors and rockers are so bad.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:06 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:47 pm
It's sadly an example of how the people across the pond got a foothold in the USA market. Some businesses still haven't learned from the automaker's and other USA manufacturer's mistakes of poor customer relations/communication.

Most times stuff I've had an issue, or even sometimes before I receive it with from imported sellers, they bend over backwards to make sure you are happy.

While I wasn't initially happy with that cluster I bought, they were more than accommodating to make it right after I contacted them. That's how a business should be run. The pics they posted were of a filthy dirty cluster, so that part was to be expected.
Yeah eBay helps with that too. Buyer is in a lot of control.

04rebel, glad you got your journey situated with the transmission. So it was $4k to fix? Or you are selling the Journey for $4k? No interest in Neon 2.0 parts. Nothing I really need, sorry.

Well I got my new threaded IAT sensor in on Tuesday. I installed it that day with the pipe. The wiring is too short since the new IAT location plug is farther away. It really stretches the wiring and puts stress on it. So I am going to have to trim the wrapping very carefully with some tweezers so the wiring is not stretching to that sensor. Did a boost leak test. Does not leak there!!! Woohoo.....

But....I have another leak now #-o

Now I have air coming from the compressor cover on the turbo!!! #-o WHAT!? Never had air leak before during a boost leak test! I researched via google and there were guys on a Supra forum that had a leak on older style turbos like mine. Turns out they had to take off the compressor cover and put silicone around it, also around the bolt holes. Uggghhhhhh. I am not sure I can take that cover off without having to take the entire turbo charger off which would be a huge PITA to do. AGAIN. I swear there is always something with this car and it always stems from aftermarket crap. But it is a learning process. Not in a rush to fix those leaks really. But I am losing out on quite a bit of power with them. I will get a video up of the air leak.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:23 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:06 pm
I swear there is always something with this car and it always stems from aftermarket crap.
The joys of making more power than stock. Sometimes it goes smoothly, and the rest of the time, well you are all too familiar.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Sorry to hear of continuing "challenges" of such a great looking ride!
And we are BUYING this Journey for $4k, just gave half the amount to secure(and help out) my friend on us getting it. Still needs a few minor maint repairs at the $4k price that he is going to do. Target delivery(and on the road) of middle of April.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:53 am

The joys of making more power than stock. Sometimes it goes smoothly, and the rest of the time, well you are all too familiar.
Yup!
Sorry to hear of continuing "challenges" of such a great looking ride!
And we are BUYING this Journey for $4k, just gave half the amount to secure(and help out) my friend on us getting it. Still needs a few minor maint repairs at the $4k price that he is going to do. Target delivery(and on the road) of middle of April.
Awesome, seems like a great deal on a newer vehicle. Hopefully everything turns out well with it.

There was a 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 with just over 100k miles. For only $2800. Original owner vehicle. Orange. Buuuuuuut: It was at a shop and it needed a clutch. So the vehicle was not driveable. Owner supposedly gave up on it and just sold it to the shop I guess and handed over the title. I was thinking about buying it. But I passed because I don't have space. It sold on Thursday I believe. Looked really nice in the pictures and was local. Story seemed odd and the guy selling it seemed a bit shady.

Recommended by Tial to go with a 1/4'' vacuum line for the BOV which is bigger than what I had before. So I had to get a bigger vacuum T. Didn't have a 1/4'' sized one laying around so I went with a nice brass unit at the hardware store. $8 :(
New BOV all hooked up!
Drove the car around today since it was super nice out. Got up to 64! New BOV sounds good. A lot less flutter then with my Raptor BOV.

Still have that bad leak around the compressor cover. Going to fix that eventually but not anytime soon. Really hope I can pull it off without having to remove the entire turbocharger.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:01 pm

The amount of trouble that turbo has put you through, really sucks. I hope it can be resolved without a ton of effort and that the car gets back up to it's peak power. I'm always impressed with how clean your engine bay is. It looks good.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Yeah its crazy when I look back onto it. Here is a video of it leaking: https://i.imgur.com/HAsKjUn.mp4 I wonder if having the crush washers on there are causing this. And thanks

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:31 pm

Red out the tail lamps. Bought a new aftermarket OEM set. Pretty happy how they turned out. 5 light coats and 2 coats of clear. Has a flat look like the third brake light

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:27 pm

Looks great. This is my favorite tail light look for these cars. I'm going to do it to mine eventually.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:59 pm

Thanks, yeah I dig the look too. Happy I did it. I was a bit worried I would mess up since I am not the best at painting things so that is why I bought a new aftermarket set of OEM tails because I didn't want to mess up my OEM Mopar ones.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Sorry for all the ass end posts of my neon....I finally sold my CBD CF PVO. Shipping it out to Wylie, Texas today. If I couldn't sell it I was going to have it painted to match. So I put the factory decklid back on that had the white OEM emblems on it. I am actually digging the look!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun May 03, 2020 4:03 am

Sold my powdercoated colormatched/cleared Enkei RPF1's last weekend with tires. So I was searching for a new set of wheels and tires. Had my mind set on certain wheel. O.Z. Alleggerita HLT. But the cost was pretty high at $1500 just for the wheels not including tax. I just couldn't really digest spending that much money on a set of wheels for my neon. Plus not being in stock and having to come from Italy..might of taken ages to get. So I kept searching and found a set I think I will like. I was upset the color I wanted was discontinued. So I opted for the 2nd choice which in the long run might be a better idea. They should arrive next week at the local Discount Tire store. I don't trust them putting them on my ride so I am just going to have them balance the new tires on the wheels and put them on myself.

I will let the wheels be a surprise. Hopefully you guys like them. ..I hope I do too hahaha.

I got a great deal on the entire new setup. Which I will say more about when I get them. Rebates galore. The tire I went with was recommended by the associate at the store. Went with a 225/45/17 General GMAX RS. Believe they are made in the USA. We shall see.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun May 03, 2020 12:03 pm

I just put some new 225 45 17's on my Impreza. I figured that with coilovers, they should fit the neon, if for some reason the tires outlive the Impreza.

They are Hercules Raptis R-T5. They don't look like much, but so far I am happy with them. Fuel mileage has increased about 2 mpg, steering response/handling is good, and the effort to turn the wheel is much less.

Being that the price of the Continentals went up significantly, and the dealer I got tires from the last time only seemed interested in selling me tires that were between $700 and $800 out the door, I went with a smaller outlet, that had pricing for half that. Nothing like trying to get people's whole virus check....

Trade in value on the Impreza is under $500, so I was not spending over that for tires.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon May 04, 2020 12:31 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:03 am
...Believe they are made in the USA. We shall see.
Well, that would get my vote... but you knew I would say that. :lol:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue May 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Sorry gramps. Wheels are made in China. Tires are made in Germany. :( :( Honestly can't think of any wheel mfrs that have wheels for a srt-4 that are made in USA. Unless they are custom made and thousands and thousands of dollars.

I went with the Konig Hypergrams in gray. 17x8 et40. Was a little upsets with Discount Tire. They were supposed to be mounted and balanced by 4:00 at the lastest he told me. So I arrive at 4:15 and I guess they had a huge rush and he hadn't mounted the tires on yet. So I said, no big deal I will pick them up tomorrow. (Saturday) So I pick them up and was told that one of the wheels was missing 2 center cap allen screws. So they are ordered them in from Konig. (3 on each wheel center cap) I also go the centric hub rings and new lugnuts. I get home to find out the lugnuts were silver/chrome. I ordered them in black. So I called them up to tell them and they said they could swap them out. I was tired of driving up there multiple times so I am just going to wait until they get the allen screws in before I swap the lugnuts out. I mounted the wheels on one side of the car. Here is the issue I have. :( Very close to the strut housing. A little too close for comfort.

Front: Which seems to be better then the rear clearance wise. Excuse the dirty suspension parts. A flash will show everything from a camera.

Rear:

Teaser shot:

Even though they are new wheels. I went over them with spray detailer and put a coat of wax on them. So brake dust will come off easily for a while. I also had to clean up the new tires since the wheel mounting goop was everywhere around the lip.

Here is a shot of them in the sun when I went to check them out. They are are 16.8lbs each.

I got a great deal. I opened up a credit card with Discount Tire. I get 10% off on the total purchase. Will pay off in full. I also sent in for a $70 rebate for the tires.

I have 3mm spacers on the way from Modern Performance. Hopefully that helps with the clearance issue.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Return to “Progress/Project Log”