2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 bar map/tip sensor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
05MoparSRT4
#NYR #keepcally
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: 3 bar map/tip sensor Reply with quote

I plan on getting close to what I think would be stage 2. I currently have an injen short air intake, 3" catless dp with a mopar catback, stage 1 pcm, agp wga, turboxs rfl bov, with a cc, and a (uninstalled) Diablo inTune. I plan on putting the intune after I get a bfmic, stage 2/3 injectors and a 3bar map tip sensor. On stock turbo However this is where my question lies. the 3 bar map and tip sensor on modern says it won't be beneficial to me, while a few local tuners says it would? What do I believe? I want to get my car at least 300HP or close to it and I'll be happy. Is it beneficial or is it not?

*EDIT* can't forget that important wideband too
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be patient- I'm sure that someone with more knowledge than I have will post up soon. All I know is that the Stage 2 kit came with both the MAP and TIP sensors which leads me to believe that Mopar intended for both being used when upgrading to a S2.

Cheap sales pitch- I have a set of used S2/S3 injectors for sale.Wink
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=67969
fixit
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: 3 bar map/tip sensor Reply with quote

stock srt4 map is 2.25bar ~18psi... for 300hp you'll need a 3bar map/tip and a "rescale" tune to allow higher boost (suggest bigger injectors, #80). intune isn't enough because it only supports minor changes in the tune (i.e. fan on temp, +- % fuel open loop) -- duster360 is a popular mail order tuner on srtforums

05MoparSRT4 wrote:
I plan on getting close to what I think would be stage 2. I currently have an injen short air intake, 3" catless dp with a mopar catback, stage 1 pcm, agp wga, turboxs rfl bov, with a cc, and a (uninstalled) Diablo inTune. I plan on putting the intune after I get a bfmic, stage 2/3 injectors and a 3bar map tip sensor. On stock turbo However this is where my question lies. the 3 bar map and tip sensor on modern says it won't be beneficial to me, while a few local tuners says it would? What do I believe? I want to get my car at least 300HP or close to it and I'll be happy. Is it beneficial or is it not?

*EDIT* can't forget that important wideband too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Tuning / MegaSquirt All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: