2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best intake options for 03 up 2.4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLChuck
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: best intake options for 03 up 2.4 Reply with quote

I have a track only 2000 that I just swapped in a 2003 PT 2.4. The rules I was building to limited me to using the PT intake but it looks like they are changing so I can use something better. I swapped everything from the PT, engine, trans, all electrical. What I'm wondering is better/ easier to go the SRT or the older dohc 2.0 route for the intake considering wiring, sensors, throttle bodies.

Thanks
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An SRT intake has pretty big runners for an N/A. But if you are running higher than normal driving RPM most of the time, it might make a decent intake manifold for your purpose.

The older DOHC will need re-drilled to fit the newer head, and unless it is modded, there is the 90 bend in it.

There aren't many options, due to the limited space between the head and the radiator. Most other N/A manifolds that bolt to the 2.4 are going to be modified to fit.

Modified manifolds might not pass inspection. (?)

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Seraph
Step in to the dark
n00b

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chuck
Another swfl neon guy. Im by port Charlotte myself. It's quite the coincidence I'm looking do the same exact swap. You have any notes you can share. I was originally planning to for a 2.4 swap from a stratus but I just got a good opportunity on a cheap pt cruiser.
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might need to PM or email him.

From his profile, it says he hasn't been on since October.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seraph,
DON'T use the PT turbo manifold if your going to use it in a N/A application!
The other thing we need to know is what the rules allow for the motor swap. I can recommend you many intake manifolds, but to be within the rules we need to know whats allowed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Motor Swap All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: