2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HID's Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Audio / Security / Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2005.Neon.SXT
Semper Fi
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: HID's Issue Reply with quote

Hey! I have not posted here in a long friggin time.... lol. But I've got my FB off and I know I can post here. FB just has too much drama going on...

Anyway, so bought a new ballast cause I troubleshooted that that was what the issue was. Got the new one installed, light on passenger side still didn't fire up. Turn signal works. Wiggled the ground wire around (with the bolt slightly loose) and it got to where the bulb fired up. Great. Went to turn off headlights, and the passenger side did this weird like... flickering, buzzing, then finally cut off. Tried turning light on again, but same issue: didn't fire up, but when I wiggle the ground wire it'll fire up.

I haven't tried this yet cause it got late last night, and I wanted to see if anyone ever experienced the same thing while I'm at work, but I'm going to try and put the relay harness ground on a separate location than the stock headlight wiring ground. Just a really bizarre situation. If it still does it tonight, I'll post a video.

Thanks guys. Hope everyone's doing well. Still have never made it to Carlisle, and my life is owned by my family (had our 4th boy on the 14th this month). Would love to ditch the Neon and just get a stock SRT-4 to have... but I'm a little past the whole "modding" scene Sad

Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... Sad
blueneo03
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a ground issue, if you said the bolt was loose, clean and tighten that, replace the ground wire and/or terminals.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #61

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxt
2005.Neon.SXT
Semper Fi
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried posting a reply on my phone a couple days ago, but it wasn't wanting to work. Would never submit.

Anyway, I traced the ground wire back to the relay, but when I first looked at the relay it looked fine. It's a Morimoto from TRS, so I figured it was good. When I peeled back the shrink wrap where the wires were going into the back of the plug, a good 3-4 wires were corroded as hell. Messing with the wires, it would trip the ballasts on both headlights. Won't be able to purchase a new one for a little bit as we're tight on money, but I've [hopefully] got it set up to where it'll fire up just fine. I don't typically drive at night anyway, so not too worried.

Thanks blueneo03 for your reply. I did clean the ground spots first before finding out it was the relay Smile

Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Audio / Security / Electrical All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: