Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Random posting

Post by occasional demons » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:15 am

LOL, if they only knew they would turn that color naturally....
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:40 pm

One month away from Spring! :headbang: :hello1:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Spring can't get here fast enough.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:58 pm

They are now saying that in our area the first half of March could be colder and more snow than we have had. Possibly even into April.

They don't call it "March, the Mad Scientist" for nothing. Image

I generally leave the winter tires on until April, unless it remains wintery, then until it is consistently above 40º. We have gotten dumped on in April before, and being heavy wet snow, there are more crashes than usual.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:59 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:58 pm
They are now saying that in our area the first half of March could be colder and more snow than we have had. Possibly even into April.
I hope not- I would have to skip the Dayton meet.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:05 pm

So, how about this coronavirus y'all?! This is insane, I'm off until April 13th at the earliest. Thankfully, my mortgage company was able to defer my payments until June. This is probably the scariest time of my life. Not necessarily for me, but for my older family members, and for the economy at large. My kid's school just sent home laptops for them to use, conceivably until the end of the school year. They mentioned in the e-mail that the kids could potentially return them at the beginning of next year.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:01 am

It is certainly enlightening on how unprepared we really are....

There is talk of returning kids to school before the end of the school year, but given how this is supposed to peak in May, I don't see how that is supposed to work, as most schools are done at the end of May. It makes about as much sense as reopening business in the peak of the virus's impact.

The truly sad part of all this, is the children that have to deal with parents, that should never have been parents; that are having to actually be parents now, because they can't just drop the kids off for someone else to raise.

And some politicians using those children as an excuse to open the economy so those "parents" wont be beating or murdering their children. But ignore taking care of the actual issue. /rant

Hopefully everyone is doing well, other than the obvious. Things have gotten a lot more quiet on the forums than usual, except for the spammers.

I am still working, since my employer is an "essential business". Given the state of getting unemployment in Ohio right now, I guess I will take that over getting a vacation stuck at home, even as much as that would be a nice break.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:58 pm

My employer is claiming to be essential, but I think it's bullshit. I've been staying home anyway, without pay. It's a little sketchy. No working from home, which really sucks.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:36 pm

Not to make light of things as NYC really has a BIG problem! But here on the other end of the State of CONFUSION(Western NY) people are having to do as directed and panicking that those from closely affected areas are traveling to our area to buy goods (hoarding) and leaving the Virus with us to contend with. Our rural area stores are smaller in size so not a lot of variety or quantity as it is.
And my feeling is that like some "online Colleges" that have sprung up the last few years, will be the pattern for a lot of traditional colleges to follow. The rural area schools here are trying to implement the same, BUT finding out that the homefront does NOT entice the "kiddos'" to being online(IF they have internet and at high enough speed) to do any class work from home. My wife is an assistant teacher(working in smaller groups of "special needs" students 3-5 grade) MANY of them think this is just a long vacation and don't have to do school work assigned, and they will probably "get away with it"!
LORD, please help this upcoming generation! Yes my wife is home, but also spends hours a day contacting students, messaging teachers for classwork and ideas. THEN also spends 10:30 - 1:00 outdoors at our fire hall helping serve hot lunches and morning cold breakfasts to district students from our end of the school district along with being there for students questions! It's EARLY SPRING, but wind,rain and temps are NOT that warm up here yet!
Let's all pray that things don't get worse and blows out of here SOON!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 pm

04rebel wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:36 pm
those from affected areas are traveling to our area to buy goods (hoarding) and leaving the Virus with us to contend with.
This is happening in a few places.

Most rural areas don't have the hospital capacity that the urban areas do. And like said, the stores are not stocked or equipped to handle hoards of people.

What should have been done was small communities that are otherwise fairly well isolated, should have had the National Guard set up roadblocks to keep people out that don't belong there. It probably wouldn't help as far as the school situation, since things are usually spread out, but it would help with the stores and infrastructure.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:19 am

I'm pretty much "retired"(physical disability), But our school districts calendar said they started their 2 week Spring Break today. BUT they are still going to do meals(mon - fri) for students AND any community people in need. Also going to continue with trying to implement and get results of "stay at home" distance learning in ALL grades. The wonderful administration FINALLY realized just how many do NOT have internet or that the system available here can not handle the sudden heavy traffic on it and has "gone down" a couple times this last week! Now they are investigating using school buses with WI-FI to be stationed in such areas to create hot spots for access to doing school work "online".
I have a neighborhood friend that is now keeping home defense items "at the ready", He told me to CALL before showing up...Retired NAVY SUBMARINER roll eyes...

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:12 am

We had some woman having a panic attack this morning, people flocking all around her. So much for social distancing. I would think given the circumstances, people getting closer would make me a bit more on edge.

There is an 82 year old that works here, he has to constantly tell the younger idiots here to get the fuck away from him.

They keep bringing in new people, because we are "busy", but I don't see much more going out the door, if anything less is leaving. They just want to stockpile stuff, so when half the workforce isn't around anymore, they can still make shipments.

Most of the "essential businesses" in the area are giving out $2 to $3 an hour increases as some sort of compensation. Not really worth it, but at least it is some kind of gesture.

Not my company. "If you are not comfortable coming to work, there is the door. We'll miss you."

Oh well, if there are no longer enough people that can fill the positions, I guess they will find out maybe it was better to close down and temporarily lose money, than potentially go under forever, because there are not enough skilled workers left. It goes both ways.

If companies thought finding skilled labor was hard before this mess started...

Edit: Turns out some kid's mother tested positive, but he came into work anyways. Makes you wonder how many come in and keep it to themselves that they are exposed. Pretty sad when you consider your $12/hr job is more important to hundreds of other people's well being. That kid should be charged with paying for the ambulance that ended up coming to take the woman away. Stupid fuck.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:06 pm

So Monday I’m supposed to be on call for work. I’m the farthest away (90 minutes) but I’m also the only person that knows how to punch down phones, terminate fiber, and install the AV system at work, so it’s a 25% possibility I’ll be called in.

So I figure I’ll wake up when everyone shows up, make coffee, and then attack a project like I’m supposed to be at work.

Monday’s project is moving my SRT-4, making room in my garage, and tearing the transaxle out of the 04 PT.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:05 am

I also ordered some recording equipment and bought a recording program. Maybe I’ll write that album I’ve always wanted to :shock:

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi everyone :)
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Haganracing wrote:Hi everyone :)
Wow, someone must really be bored.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Haganracing wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:54 pm
Hi everyone :)
I used to know this guy! :lol:

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:28 pm

:hello2:

:laughbounce:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:52 pm

alinegreenneon over on .org is selling/cutting glow keys for neons. I got one made for my SRT.

https://imgur.com/a/YQ3OMGu

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:53 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:52 pm
alinegreenneon over on .org is selling/cutting glow keys for neons. I got one made for my SRT.

Yup. pa acr was generous and bought me one for a present.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:53 pm
INVUJerry wrote:

Case shipped me one, for sending him the link to the hoard.

I had no idea he was going to buy them all. :lol:

And he isn't making any money from them, as I know what he paid per key.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:57 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
INVUJerry wrote:

So your Neon SRT-4 key looks like a 1gn one and glows in the dark? That would be killer. That is one thing I want to do to my car is change up the ugly gray key head.

You guys get your stimulus money? I gotta wait longer due to not having my bank and routing number with the IRS. So I have to wait on a physical check.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:13 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:57 pm

So your Neon SRT-4 key looks like a 1gn one and glows in the dark? That would be killer. That is one thing I want to do to my car is change up the ugly gray key head.

You guys get your stimulus money? I gotta wait longer due to not having my bank and routing number with the IRS. So I have to wait on a physical check.
The glow keys won't work with SKIM, but they will open the doors and trunk.

If SKIM is disabled then they will work in the ignition to start the car. I guess you could use it to key on, and use accessories, just don't try to start it multiple times. :P

I got my money, it will probably go into savings, just to see how this all plays out.

There are a few smaller businesses in my area that have folded up already. Basically a month, and they are done. I guess when a business is using financing to run, it doesn't take much to sink it. I doubt this shutdown would have been the only reason they failed, as there was a lot of similar closures back in '08/'09 when things got slow.

But if enough supply chain fails, it can put the hurt on otherwise strong companies. our company is getting hit with some fees for not making shipments due to not getting material in time. A contract is a contract. Too bad if unforeseen issues pop up. It is going to kill them on the order, they will likely lose their asses on it.

So yeah, that money is just sitting.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:47 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:
INVUJerry wrote:

No, the glow key that Case me is blank/uncut since it won't work in an SRT-4 due to SKIM. I just put it on my key ring with the SRT-4 key as a Neon souvenir.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:41 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:
INVUJerry wrote:

I plan on zip tying the SKIM key to the antenna inside the cover and just using my glow key. You could maybe get a viper key for it if you want to retain skim functionality.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Well, thanks to Facebook I found the old owner of my NYG today. He was very happy to hear the car is still around, even if it’s not currently running.

I decided after that to go outside and clean out my garage. Ended up hurting my back but I got the confetti seats cleaned up again.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Hopefully your back will recover after some rest.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:08 pm

No idea about the SKIM and all that. That sucks. Would be nice if there was a thin plastic/rubber cover to go over the ugly gray key head.

Work has been crazy at UPS, we ran more volume on Monday then on peak day during holiday season 2019! Getting a lot of overtime.

I went on the IRS site and added my bank account info so the process for the $1200 would be expedited. I plan on spending a good chunk of it towards local business and American made products.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:33 pm

That's because most people are stuck at home and are shopping on line to pass the time! Stay healthy so you can enjoy using those extra bucks...and DEFINITELY NO MADE IN CHINA GARBAGE!
Got our 2,4oo two days after our fed refund was sent into our bank account! Wife is doing school job from home and losing almost 500. / month from her after school hours school job.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:58 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:08 pm
I plan on spending a good chunk of it towards local business and American made products.
Now if only every American would do this... I have been pretty much for years been yelling about the importance of supporting the American economy but feel like I have been talking to the wind. :roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”