2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Coilovers for 2004 SRT-4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TODD01R/T
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: What Coilovers for 2004 SRT-4 Reply with quote

Hi There,

I recently purchased a 2004 SRT-4 knowing that I need to change out the struts. It already comes with Megan lowering springs so my options are to either replace the struts and put the springs back on or go to a coilover setup like I did with my 2001 R/T. I would prefer to go to with coilovers but am not sure which ones to go with. for my 04 SRT-4 my goal is to be able to lower the car with a close to stock spring rate and performance. I have had BC coilovers in my 01 R/T that were 336 lbs spring rate in the front and 224lbs spring rate in the back and found them a bit too rough. That's why I'm looking for more of a softer coilover. Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Todd
JeremyJ
2gn 4 Life
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modern Performance sells BC coilovers with softer springs from Eibach. AMR makes a good set of coilovers, but they're about $1600 per set. You could also go with Koni inserts for your stock struts and reinstall the aftermarket springs with them.

Project Log: http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=70076

TODD01R/T
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Jeremy, I sent AMR a note.

I'm not sure about the BC coil overs as I has them before in my 01 R/T (from MP) and found them to be a bit rough. I looked into using the softer Eibach springs but doesn't the valving need to mach the spring rate? Any other options out there? I have read many topics on coil overs but most of them are of a performance nature. I'm still looking for somewhat of a stock feeling ride.

Thanks, Todd
JeremyJ
2gn 4 Life
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed some BC's in my 2002 R/T and I agree that they're pretty rough. As for the Eibach springs, I'm sure they work just fine with the coilovers. I don't think Modern would advertise and sell the setups as much if they didn't work right.

Project Log: http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=70076

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: