2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the power locks on a SE illuminated?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albius
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Are the power locks on a SE illuminated? Reply with quote

Any of you knows if the power lock switch has a light inside it?

Mines don't light in spite of i se a little transparent window in them that is supposedly blink a little bit in green color.

Thanks!
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, DCX "de-contented" illuminated switches after the 2002 model year (except for the driver's power door lock).
Albius
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_Rider wrote:
As far as I know, DCX "de-contented" illuminated switches after the 2002 model year (except for the driver's power door lock).

That's what I needed to know.

Illuminated switches are a pretty part, I imagine the factory get rid of them because of the manufacturing costs...

As is the same part # in every Neon since 2000, they don't come illuminated. Sad

Probably would be a good "mod" if there is a plug and play OEM switch (as in Patriots, Chargers and newer cars) to interchange with my actual ones.

Any help will be really appreciated. Smile
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago, I had a quote from my dealership for the switches and harnesses and planned to swap in illuminated ones in my SRT like the OEM ones in my 2002 SXT. I gave up due to the labor cost and the uncertainty about whether or not they had given me the correct part numbers.
blueneo03
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a write up on here on how to wire these in, i thought about doing it but the like gramps said labor and uncertainty was a hindrance for me too.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #61

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxt
Albius
2GN Registrant

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, better to leave these things alone then.

I googled how to get illumination in every interior switch and the HVAC and has A LOT of work. Certainly it would be possible, but would take maaaaaaaany things to do. Not to mention if I see how to change the lights in the OEM head unit...

Well, whatever I wanted to ask. Next thing to do is doing a complete swap of LX rims instead of the steel/wheel cover I use now.

Thanks guys! Rock ON
shifted92
n00b

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Years ago, I had a quote from my dealership for the switches and harnesses and planned to swap in illuminated ones in my SRT like the OEM ones in my 2002 SXT. I gave up due to the labor cost and the uncertainty about whether or not they had given me the correct part numbers.

Curious with how much it will be overall?
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shifted92 wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:

Curious with how much it will be overall?

Considering dealers probably charge ~$125/hour, and you would be looking at a few hours.... Switches are probably $50 each, give or take.

Yeah, not worth it.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Interior All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: