2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

04 SRT-4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: 04 SRT-4 Reply with quote

Bought an SRT-4 a few weeks ago. It's got some mods (painted engine bay parts and brakes, PT shifter, aftermarket wastegate, sneeze plate, 3" exhaust, lowering springs) but nothing too crazy. It's something nice for me to drive to and from work.

Unfortunately the front struts gave up the ghost. I don't want to put coils on it since I have such a long drive to work, so I decided to replace the struts. I didn't want to use neon struts because it would lower the car, SRT-4 struts are $99 each on rock auto, so I ended up using PT cruiser front struts, that were $122 shipped for the pair after a 5% discount.

First time I've ever swapped struts, it's a pain with my electric impact having a dying battery so I had to keep recharging it.

Pics in no particular order.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blueneo03
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, that looks pretty clean.

Hows the interior?

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #61

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxt Sold
2014 Durango R/T Hemi (the wife's)
JeremyJ
Facebook Sucks
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueneo03 wrote:
Nice, that looks pretty clean.

Hows the interior?

Full of kids, apparently.

R/T bumper FTW. Looks like it has some foggy aftermarket tails on it, though. Might just be the angle. I don't think anyone makes an aftermarket tail light that I like, but that's just me. Looks like a clean DD.

Project Log: http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=70076

INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol the interior is slightly beat but comfortable. Perfect for something that me and my kids will beat up for a few years.

The tails are temporary. It's in the works for me to have a custom rear bumper made.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blueneo03
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^lol i think that is the stage that this site has hit... i think the only tails that look good really are the mopar 3D tails..

What kind of custom bumper you doing? aftermarket or full custom one-off?

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #61

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxt Sold
2014 Durango R/T Hemi (the wife's)
INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be a custom bumper. 02 euro tails on an SRT bumper.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, ready to see this car evolve. What brand of struts you go with? I went with Unity on my 1st gen from RockAuto, they were crappy as all get out. 1 blew in 30 days.

2005 Neon SRT-4 #6 and WILL STAY
2008 TL Type S
INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Monroe struts. I might have to replace the tears sooner or later. I'll end up making a small spacer for the rear springs on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Progress/Project Log All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: