2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My upcoming trip to Indiana and Ohio, possibly PA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> General 2nd Gen Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: My upcoming trip to Indiana and Ohio, possibly PA Reply with quote

Hey,
If any 2GN member wants to meat up....Next week I'll be traveling from WNY to Wheatfield, Indiana. From there Ill be driving to the Indianapolis speedway in Indiana. on Friday the 14th to meet with another 2GN member. After that I'll be heading to Cleveland to hit up the Rock/Roll hall of fame roughly the 14th Friday or the 15th Saturday. From there I'll be heading back home to WNY.
My biggest meet up will be Friday the 14th at the Indianapolis Speedway, time is unknown at this moment due to my travel times. But I'm hoping if any 2GN members want to meet up, let me know Rock ON
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I haven't been to the Speedway since the 1977 500.
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gramps, don't feel bad....I've never been to the speedway...lol
My wife and daughter are the only ones interested in even checking it out. My two sons that are interested in cars don't even care about going. They would rather stay home/babysitters to play video games Vs actually traveling and seeing the sites physically.
I've got our route planned and I told all my children that if there interested in stopping anywhere to let me know and none of them showed any interest to even think about traveling outside of there confined space to play video games.
I mentioned "Cedar Point", its an amusement park that we are passing by and they did not even care. I mentioned "Notre Dame" and yet again they did not care......
So I'll be making the trip without my two sons and just my wife and daughter. Let's see what happens.....lol
Midnight_Rider

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH... I haven't been there since 1975. It is a large amusement park and I remember having a good time there although I prefer King's Island in Cincinatti. I attended a large assembly at Notre Dame in 1976 but didn't see anything of the campus other than the building where the event was held. I'm sorry that your sons don't care to travel- trips with my family when I was growing up were always great fun.
Midnight_Rider

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to BRR and family for one of the best days ever! Taking a tour around the Speedway track and visiting the Museum (on opening day for the A.J. Foyt exhibit)- WOW! Amazing that I have lived in this area for most of my life (and seen many 500 races in person) but have taken the IMS for granted- you see things much better through the eyes of visitors, I guess. A cherished day, for sure. thumbup
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock ON
It was great meeting up with you "Gramps"! Too bad I was running behind schedule due to the minor issues when delivering the BIW
The track tour was great hope to see you soon

JeremyJ
2gn 4 Life
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. A fellow beard.

Project Log: http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=70076

Neon4Life
Manny
2009 Silver Contributor

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i would have seen this thread before hand. i dont know how i missed it. i was busy that day on your way home and i started seeing the pictures of your trip home trough FB i seen you guys passed right by the exit to my town. Could have met up even if for a second but i didnt know beforehand you were going to be in this part of indiana. at least you got to meet up with Gramps.

thumbup
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048
Midnight_Rider

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neon4Life wrote:
i wish i would have seen this thread before hand. i dont know how i missed it.

I told BRR that he would be passing right through Richmond on the return trip. Also Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland... Eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> General 2nd Gen Discussion All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: