2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aus mopar second gen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexemous
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Aus mopar second gen Reply with quote

My local mechanic has a mopar second gen with some kind of piston problem, customer has supposedly abandoned it with him so he only wants 150 bucks for the lot... is there much of a difference between normal and mopar neons? Also if anyone knows of an engine in the Victoria area for sale, would appreciate
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Aus mopar second gen Reply with quote

Alexemous wrote:
... is there much of a difference between normal and mopar neons?

I'm confused by your question as all Neons are considered "Mopars" (manufactued by either the former Chrysler Corporation or DaimlerChrysler). Another Aussie 2gn member (Alex Kurdian) has reported difficulty in finding parts for Neons there and that they can be expensive to import.
Alexemous
n00b

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Alexemous wrote:
... is there much of a difference between normal and mopar neons?

I'm confused by your question as all Neons are considered "Mopars" (manufactued by either the former Chrysler Corporation or DaimlerChrysler). Another Aussie 2gn member (Alex Kurdian) has reported difficulty in finding parts for Neons there and that they can be expensive to import.

Oh I see, thanks for the info, as you can see I know nothing about these cars. I figured it was a special model or something because it's got the body kit all the way around including roof/rear window spoiler thing, looks very cool... And also it's got mopar badges on the front quarter panels, which iv never seen/noticed on other neons Iv seen, but they could be added by previous owners I spose. Maybe pics would help... So I spose my question is, is this particular neon worth any extra effort to get back on the road? I was assuming because of the kit it would fetch a higher price than a neon without a kit (about 2500-3)... Maybe it would be worth more in parts
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexemous wrote:
I figured it was a special model or something because it's got the body kit all the way around including roof/rear window spoiler thing, looks very cool...

It isn't black is it?

There was also a dark gray one that had that rear roof spoiler that was in AU. Alex had a pic of that one in one of his posts. That roof spoiler is not available anymore, and hasn't been for years. 5 years ago you would have had some decent offers for that spoiler (if you bought the car), probably would have paid for the car/extras. Laughing

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=61218
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=61379
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=56291

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Alexemous
n00b

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap this might actually be the exact same car, then the guy who bought it just put proxy ass mopar badges on the side. I can't seem to get a look at that guys profile/ride thread, what state is he from? I doubt it was him who abandoned this sex machine at the mechanics, he seemed quite proud in those threads... Probably worth more in parts but just from everyone's reaction over there, I kinda want to get it running again, this car is almost like a legend of its the same one... Hmm
Oh and occasional demons 👍 thanks for the links, very good memory too

Edit: actually I'm certain it's the same car, it has the same rims... Found your car dude
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks OD- I was looking for those thread for a reference. I tried to find pics of Alex's Neon but a lot of them aren't hosted anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Motor Swap All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: