2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replace these 02 sensors? Clean them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> General 2nd Gen Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Replace these 02 sensors? Clean them? Reply with quote

Removing my exhaust this morning working my way back to the front of the car. Got to the downpipe and removed the 02 sensors.

^Downstream 02 sensor?

Wideband 02 sensor? ^

Car only has like 15.4k miles. Wideband looks horrible, probably due to the car running rich at some point. Not sure if I should replace them or is there way to clean them off? I take it the after cat dummy 02 sensor I don't have to worry about?

2005 Neon SRT-4 #6 and WILL STAY
2008 TL Type S
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say if they seem to be functioning OK, leave them alone.

That being said, Mopar Combustion Chamber cleaner and Seafoam are supposed to be o2 sensor safe. Considering they can get pretty well drenched if you go heavy while "Seafoam'ing" the engine.

I don't know if i would literally dunk them in a container of it, but maybe reinstall and give it a thorough cleaning. I usually try to keep engine RPM's as low as possible without stalling. Usually it does stall a few times. Let it set for a few hours and take it out and let the smoke roll.

Then pull the o2 sensors and see what they look like.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on thanks. The heavily soiled one I believe is not in use since the SCT tune disabled it and the car does not have a catalytic converter. Not 100% sure need to email the owner and find out which one is the wideband 02 and which one is the downstream 02.

2005 Neon SRT-4 #6 and WILL STAY
2008 TL Type S
Neon4Life
Manny
2009 Silver Contributor

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
I would say if they seem to be functioning OK, leave them alone.

withstupid

Very Happy
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> General 2nd Gen Discussion All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: