2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random posting

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 471, 472, 473

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #14161   PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to learn of your father's passing. Crying or Very sad
thomas_w
2GN Registrant

Post: #14162   PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INVUJerry wrote:
Tuesday morning before I woke up for work she called me to let me know he passed. He was 73. We're doing a funeral in 2 weeks in Tennessee where he's originally from.

Very sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences.
JeremyJ
Facebook Sucks
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #14163   PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, Jerry. I just lost my Grandma to ALS this week. We were close, so it's been rough.

Project Log: http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=70076

INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #14164   PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news I had to borrow the wheels from my wagon to drive my SRT to work for a few days. I used the 15mm spacers from the rear of the wagon on the front of the SRT to clear the brakes.

I can't make Imgur work like I want it to on my phone.

https://m.imgur.com/jILU2PW

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #14165   PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INVUJerry wrote:
In other news I had to borrow the wheels from my wagon to drive my SRT to work for a few days. I used the 15mm spacers from the rear
of the wagon on the front of the SRT to clear the brakes.

I can't make Imgur work like I want it to on my phone.

https://m.imgur.com/jILU2PW

Those wheels look good on the SRT-4 thumbup

1952 Chevrolet Stylene Sport Coupe
2005 Dodge SRT-4
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #14166   PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INVUJerry wrote: Shocked
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #14167   PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss Jerry. My wife lost her father a few years ago, there was no warning.

I'm sure he knew something was wrong, but didn't say anything to anyone. By the time he knew he was in serious trouble, and asked to be taken to the ER, he was gone 15 minutes later.

Basically his kidneys hadn't worked for a few days. I don't think they could have saved him at that point if he did make it there.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #14168   PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photobucket and a Different Kind of Content Theft

https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2017/07/06/photobucket-different-kind-content-theft/

2005 Dodge SRT-4
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #14169   PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2GN is an Australian radio station serving the Goulburn region, co-owned by the Capital Radio Network and Grant Broadcasters. Broadcasting on 1368 KHz, it was opened in January 1932. The station carries a Classic Hits format and ''Forever Classic'' branding similar to its Canberra sister station, 2CA.
Read More on Wikipedia

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Midnight_Rider

Post: #14170   PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.allpar.com/news/2017/09/maserati-alfa-ensconced-in-chrysler-museum-38475

Yup, FCA tries once again tries to sweep the history of Chrysler Corporation under the rug. Let's get the foreigners in! cussing
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #14171   PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_Rider wrote:
https://www.allpar.com/news/2017/09/maserati-alfa-ensconced-in-chrysler-museum-38475
Yup, FCA tries once again tries to sweep the history of Chrysler Corporation under the rug. Let's get the foreigners in! cussing

My late brother, who was a successful banker, always said he'd rather have a Maserati than a Ferrari.

www.maseratiusa.com

2005 Dodge SRT-4
Midnight_Rider

Post: #14172   PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your point is what? This is a Mopar forum. I was pointing out what I think is a wrong and insensitive move on FCA's part.

Had another first today in traffic. I was merging from West 71st St. to I-465 southbound on the west side of Indianapolis. On the cloverleaf, the outside of two lanes ends and one must merge left after the diamond. I was in the outside lane due to two cement trucks going below the 55 MPH speed limit (meaning that they would not be able to semalessly merge into heavy traffic). After I safely passed the two trucks, I signalled left and proceeded to merge. Another driver behind me began to merge across the diamond as I was merging. Since I had the right of way, I continued with my merge. There was a semi truck in the outside lane of 465 going below 55 so I signalled to merge left behind him. The other driver tried to cut me off before I could merge behind the truck but, since I had the right of way (being in front of him), I continued with my merge. The other driver then merged into the the center lane, had his female passenger roll her windown down and then they both began angrily yelling at me. The female then threw something hard at my work vehicle (a full soda bottle? a softball?) and dented my front fender. They then sped off before I could get their license plate number, probably because they knew that what they had done was wrong and they felt guilty. I am responsible for the first $200 worth of damage to my work vehicle when I am driving off the clock. I hope that the company won't charge me for the ding since the vehicle has 124K on the clock and will be turned back to the leasing company soon.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #14173   PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow people are pathetic and trashy. Sorry to hear your work vehicle got clobbered. Atleast it wasn't the SRT....

Install a cheap $40~ dash cam. I have one that plugs in the cigarette lighter. Super easy to use and take off. Would of caught their plates...

2005 Neon SRT-4 #6 and WILL STAY
2008 TL Type S
Midnight_Rider

Post: #14174   PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your suggestion about the dash cam. I've watched several dash cam compilations on YouTube and have wanted a setup for my vehicle like this to protect myself. I drive about 300 miles a day and have regular encounters with drivers like this. Tard Bang
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #14175   PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_Rider wrote:
And your point is what? This is a Mopar forum. I was pointing out what I think is a wrong and insensitive move on FCA's part.

How many times did you visit the Walter P. Chrysler Museum before it closed ?

2005 Dodge SRT-4
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #14176   PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theColonel wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:

Getting into the museum was nearly impossible. They only had volunteer staff, and no posted hours. You only got in by luck of the draw. As in if they happened to be open on the day you showed up. Daimler and the following controlling interests had no real interest in opening it.

My parents were lucky enough to get in once. The following year after driving for over 4 hours, it was not open that day. They enjoyed the day at the Henry Ford Museum instead.

Their excuse was that attendance was very poor. Gee, I wonder why? The place has to be open and staffed to have decent attendance.

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #14177   PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I went to Walter P Chrysler's boyhood home in Ellis, Kansas. http://www.chryslerboyhoodhome.com/
Would of loved to went to the actual museum.

2005 Neon SRT-4 #6 and WILL STAY
2008 TL Type S
Midnight_Rider

Post: #14178   PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theColonel wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:

With my work schedule (pretty much seven days a week and/or two jobs for over a decade), I never had the time to visit the museum but was hoping to do so shortly since I have asked my supervisor to cut back my hours due to my family doctor's request.

occasional demons wrote:
Getting into the museum was nearly impossible. They only had volunteer staff, and no posted hours. You only got in by luck of the draw. As in if they happened to be open on the day you showed up. Daimler and the following controlling interests had no real interest in opening it.

My parents were lucky enough to get in once. The following year after driving for over 4 hours, it was not open that day. They enjoyed the day at the Henry Ford Museum instead.

Their excuse was that attendance was very poor. Gee, I wonder why? The place has to be open and staffed to have decent attendance.

This pretty much sums it up. I'm curious as to how many times you visited there. Think
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #14179   PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally never made it there. After hearing that they didn't post when they would happen to be open, I didn't feel it was worth the risk of traveling just to find locked doors. If I were withing an hour, maybe.

I sorta doubt Lane has ever been there. It's a long way to travel, unless you happen to be in the area for other reasons. I wouldn't make the trip specifically for that, if I lived a few states away.

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #14180   PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
I personally never made it there. After hearing that they didn't post when they would happen to be open, I didn't feel it was worth the risk of traveling just to find locked doors. If I were withing an hour, maybe.

I sorta doubt Lane has ever been there. It's a long way to travel, unless you happen to be in the area for other reasons. I wouldn't make the trip specifically for that, if I lived a few states away.

I never went there, so ithe closing wasn't an issue for me. The building should have been repurposed a long time ago. It started in 1999 (DaimlerChrysler era)
and only housed 65 cars Rolling Eyes The Big Easy Mopar Show usually has ~200 cars every year.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/15-notable-cars-walter-p-chrysler-museum/

2005 Dodge SRT-4
Midnight_Rider

Post: #14181   PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theColonel wrote:
I never went there, so the closing wasn't an issue for me.

Thank you for finally answering my question. And just because the closing isn't an issue for you doesn't mean that it isn't an issue for others. It is for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 471, 472, 473
Page 473 of 473

Jump to: